Monday, May 18, 2009

Fun at the dentist

Chlo and her MASSIVE tooth is being kept safe in a special container provided by the doctor.
Here is my brave little one getting her first "shot in the mouth".
This is Chlo a few minutes after being given the meds to sedate her. Think she looks tired?? :)

So today has been a dreaded day for me for a few weeks. Chlo has had a tooth that has bothered her for a few years now - even after having the tooth filled it's still developed infections and been very painful for Chlo even waking her up at night. As per the advice from our most fabulous Ped Dentist Hans Peterson - Love him - he suggested we pull the dang thing and get the whole thing over with. I was very okay with that. Anyway, because Chlo was going to have to get a shot she had to be a bit sedated... I love seeing Chlo get sedated because she gets all giggly and silly, at the same time I don't like to see her like that because it freaks me out thinking she may stay that way. She did AMAZING!!! She honestly doesn't even remember being in the dentist chair! How great is that? Now she has this cool tooth in a little pink box to show off to everyone - not to mention the nasty blood filled hole in her mouth :) Thanks so much to my most wonderful dad who came and watched Carlee and Jaylee for me. The girls had a blast with him and he and I had great fun texting updates back and forth! I'm so lucky to have a dad who wants to spend time with my girls! He did an awesome job too!
I actually did take a video of her tooth being pulled out - but I figured that would be a little messy for blogging :)

5 comments:

Becca J said...

way to go chlo! That's great that she doesn't remember, haha.

Michelle said...

I hate having to take my kids to the dentist to have real work done - thank heavens for sedation! I'm glad it all went well.

mer and mel said...

I would've loved to watch the video! (since I'm a dental assistant) It's funny to see teens/adults sedated, but I've never seen a child sedated b/c we don't sedate kids. (although I have seen my share of kid tooth removal!) I'm glad things went well- that experience can be crazy!

Anonymous said...

Great job Chloe! We know you are truly a supergirl!

Debra Goodey said...

I've heard that Hans Peterson is really good. I think I am going to start taking my boys to him. So, what does the tooth fairy bring for such a special tooth?