Well, today is my dad's last day of official work, well, for now... :) He has worked hard his whole life and has been an anal saver! It seems to have all paid off. They have a beautiful house that's all paid off, a nice amount of savings and now he no longer has to work. I am so proud of him and all he has done to reach this point. He is such an amazing man and a great example to me. I just hope he doesn't bug poor mom to death :) Yesterday they had a farewell lunch for him and my little family was lucky enough to attend. They are so kind to him and he WILL be missed. They presented him with an amazing gift and tears were shed. Thanks Dad for being such an amazing man and a spectacular example to me and my family! We love you and look up to you more than you'll ever know!
After the lunch we headed over to mom's for an afternoon of fun. My mom is beyond amazing herself and was patient enough to help the girls sew on her sewing machine! The girls were thrilled! Carlee loved to "push the button too fast". Chlo was good at it herself! Thanks mom!
Over all it was a great day - and it was even topped off with a date night for me and Dave! YAHOO! Once every few months whether we need it or not :)



3 comments:
I'm glad you guys got to go to the lunch in your dad's honor - he will be missed. I know Ed wishes he could have been there but he has been out of town all week (something I'm sure your dad won't miss).
Wow, I can not believe that your Dad is retireeing. How exciting! I hope that your parents have some fun plans.
Congrats to your dad! I'm sure he's excited to start this new chapter of his life!
Post a Comment