You know, I am such a HUGE holiday person - I love to celebrate every holiday - well, as much as possible. April fool's day is a little tough. After talking to my dear friend, Sheri, she gave me this great idea of what I could do - I did modify it for kids though. I remember one year my mom did this too. I made homade bread, spaghetti and asparagus (or as Dave calls it, Spear guts) The girls each had to choose an eating utinsel from my "accessories" drawer to eat with. They also had to drink their juice out of baby food jars. It turned out to be silly and fun to watch. Jaylee even tried asparagas for the first time and loved it. Sweet! I love it when kids eat their greens :)
To add to the day of "April fools" it snowed most of the day. Not enough to collect much - just enough to make a presence. The crazy thing was the sun was shining while it was snowing... Nice trick huh? To add even more to the fun last night Jaylee developed a nasty bark cough and after a visit to the doctor's office today - she has croup... nothing better than a steriod shot! :)
Phew, what a day.
On a side note, Carlee has been learning about the letter "u" this week. The girls think this is a silly letter because to learn the letter the use "Uncle Ugbee". This is also one of the first letters my girls learned seeing as we are HUGE Utah Utes fans. Anyway, there is a whole song about Uncle Ugbee and how he ends up in his underwear... huh, wonder how they can sing that in preschool :) Carlee came home today with Uncle Ugbee glasses and I had to share the picture. What a riot! I think Carlee is one of the few people who can pull this look off and still look adorable!



4 comments:
funny! I was actually going to do that same thing for April Fools! Sadly, I didn't get around to it. It looks like the girls had a lot of fun!
Fun! I made a chip/ vegetable dip that was really white chocolate, I even got my dad to try it! My kids actually thought that it was good! Your girls are pretty dang cute-just like their cute Mom!
You are always so creative! Your kids will appreciate your efforts later in life!
That is fantastic! I love the little holidays! Any reason for a celebration!
Post a Comment