Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter and Spring Break

Jen was showing Jaylee the pictures she took of her - SO CUTE!!
Grandma and Jaylee enjoying the tea party put on by the other girls
The "bride" spinning in the grass
The "Groom" Isn't he a DOLL??? We've decided we'll keep him :)
The happy couple - They decided a few minutes later they were going to break up - then they decided to work it out... How they knew all that I'll never know :) I'm just glad they worked it out.
The girls were SO cute - they came skipping out of the play house.
Check out the cool costumes - the posing is pretty funny too.
Dad taking down Carlee while Chlo is cheking out her candy and Jaylee is eating some.
Super Dan, getting ready to gather some eggs :)
Carlee actually collected the most eggs out of all the kids... She was pretty excited.
Jaylee still hasn't grasped the concept of gathering eggs. Maybe next year :)
The kids decided to eat outside. I was so happy it was warm enough on Sunday to do it.
The girls in their Easter duds.
The girls with their treasure.
Yes, the "family easter basket" was in the tub.
Talk about working together! To get one of the clues for our scavenger hunt Chlo had to lift Carlee up so they could reach it.

Jaylee was SO warn out by the end of our shopping day we finished our shopping with Jaylee sleeping in the cart. It actually looked pretty comfortable.
Chanel's shower - with Marsha and Shannon and my girls.

This weekend has been crazy and fun all at the same time. We were able to go to Chloé's school party on Friday, my SIL baby shower on Saturday and a family Easter party on Sunday. Phew - what a weekend! We had a blast! Chlo's class is always a fun place to be - the kids are wonderful and always so excited for everything. It was even Chlo's teacher's birthday which she made her a card and gave her a little bracelet charm. The rest of the day on Friday we spent Easter shopping. Yes, I did have to take the girls with me shopping for their Easter gifts... oh well. We do what we can right??? All of us were super warn out - but it was a success. We came home and enjoyed a quiet night with pizza and root beer. Saturday was great too - My SIL Chanel had her baby shower. She looked adorable and she seemed to be having a blast. She got some AMAZING things for her little baby, Jack. When we got home the girls and I decided to plant our 3 lilac bushes I got for them for Easter. Once that was done we decided to prune our trees. They've become quite over grown in the last 5-6 years...That was a HUGE project and needless to say I was exhausted when I was done.
Sunday was of coarse Easter. My bff Mindy gave me the cutest idea to do a scavenger hunt based on Christ's life and his teachings. It worked perfectly! The girls thought it was pretty funny finding their gifts in the tub though :) For dinner we had our annual "Nelson Easer extraveganza" We had a fantastic meal then had the monster egg hunt. This year the party was hosted by Dave's sister Shannon. Thanks Shan! The kids had a blast.
Today we decided to have a play date with our buddies, the Taylors. We spend the day at my mom's house with all the kids. You'd have thought the kids had died and gone to heaven. They played hard all day, Carlee and Bonden were married for the 3rd time but only the second where they both said yes :) We had tea parties, a picnic, the wedding and lots more. I even got my first sunburn of the year!! YAHOO!! Thanks, mom, for being such a spectacular hostess and letting us come enjoy you and your home.
Tonight we decided to play a little family soccer. It was AWESOME! Talk about a fun way to get in a good workout. Chlo was actually really good. Carlee just wated to stand in one place and have the ball magically come to her to kick - when it didn't she'd cry... I tried to tell her she had to chase the ball but she said she wasn't fast enough. Carlee is definitly more of our little dancer - Chlo LOVED chasing the ball and kicking it as hard as she could.
This is just the beginning of the week too! Wonder what other fun adventures we'll have this week...

6 comments:

Kristen M said...

I remember that peach dress Carlee is wearing from when we were little! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend.

Becca J said...

There are just so many things I can say about this post - the pictures alone are precious! I love the spinning picture, the one of Jaylee sleeping in the cart (hilarious) and of mama (you) having some fun playing with your girls! That's what being a mom is all about huh?

Glad y'all had a great Easter!

Debra Goodey said...

Very cute post. I loved all the pictures. What an awesome weekend. Isn't Easter the best?

Dave and Julie said...

Cute family! Goodness you are a superwoman! Busy busy busy. I love the bed in the grocery cart, good idea.

Anonymous said...

Your always so inventive! Those about the luckiest happiest girls in the world! Love to read about the nelsons that are hardly nothings.. PS skinny legs

Mindy Greene said...

Wow - What a lot of fun! I am jealous that I wasn't with you and Jen at your moms! It sounded like a lot of fun! I am glad you had a good Easter weekend!!