I've been waiting for copies of pictures before I posted this - but seeing as I still don't have them I figured I'd better get on with it anyway :) This last Tuesday night my parents spoiled us "adult kids" with tickets to Wicked. I've heard SO much about it and have heard coutless stories about people flying all over the US to see it. I was really excited to see what all the hype was about and of coarse getting dressed up and going out with no kids is always appealing to me. (thanks for that Marsh!) When the musical actually started I was shocked... It actually seemed super corny and way over the top... That feeling passed within about 10 minutes - by then I was hooked. The perfomance by "Elphaba" was TO DIE FOR!!! I've NEVER heard anyone sing like that. As soon as she started singing my whole body broke out in chills and if I have to be honest with myself I was all but in tears by the end, not only because the story was AMAZING, but the voices were just awe inspiring! The play was, for lack of a better word, SPECTACULAR! I did break down and get the soudtrack which has proven to be well worth the money. My girls have begged to listen to the "witch" songs every day since. They're even getting to know the songs. They ask me to tell them the story that goes along with each song evey time the listen to it too. They're dying to see Wizzard of Oz and I'm actually having a hard time finding it. So any tips on where I can get it and not pay out the nose would be appreciated :)Thank you to all who made this amazing night happen! And yes, I would be one of those crazy people who would fly somewhere to see it if I could :)



3 comments:
this is where nate and I get a lot of our movies..
http://search.half.ebay.com/wizard-of-oz_W0QQmZmovies
Im so jealous! Actually the Wizard of Oz is one of my Favoerite movies so I have a copy if you would like to borrow it or you can buy the DVD on Ebay for 12$.
I'm so glad you got to go to Wicked and that you loved it! Ed and I actually saw it last year in New York and I can't wait to see it again (and I HATE the Wizard of Oz - it scared me as a little girl). It is fabulous!
Post a Comment