Sunday, August 24, 2008

Old memories

Today was such a special day for me! I had an old roommate from over 8 years ago come and visit me. Thanks Sarah! She's living in Oregon right now and decided to take a trip to Utah to visit her sister and her adorable new baby boy. Sarah and I were really close friends when I started dating Dave. Dave and I actually called her our kid since we all hung out together. It really was fun. Sarah is such a wonderful person and has helped me overcome many tough obstacles I had in my life back then. She even helped me out when I was freaked out one night. To clarify, my room-roommate was out super, super late and snuck in our room to grab a robe to keep her warm while sleeping on the couch in the family room (she didn't want to wake me up) Anyway, instead of not waking me up she totally freaked me out when she pulled her robe off the back of the bedroom door and slid it out of the room. I guess the combination of being woken up and seeing this robe slide out the mostly closed door totally got to me. I ran into Sarah's room and made her check out what was up. (I realize this makes me look like a total doof) I was so thankful she was there to help figure out what was going on. Needless to say she was the brave one in that situation. It was so great to spend an afternoon with her and re-kindle our friendship and get back in touch. Thanks Sarah for being such a great friend!

1 comment:

Bergstresser Bunch said...

Such a cute pic of us! Yes, it was so fun. I loved the opportunity to meet your girls and catch up. Also, you will be proud of me, I have updated my site and am even working on which pics I want to put on about my cute little house.