Well, today my second baby started Preschool. I didn't think it would bother me, you know, the whole - been there, done that - idea... I actually did get a little choked up watching her walk into the school and me driving away. For some reason even with Jaylee here, Carlee is like my little girl... Dave and I have been a little worried about her going just because she doesn't do things without one of us being with her. Dave promised her that if she was good he'd let her go to dance class. One of the first things she said when I picked her up was, "Mom! Now I can go to dance class." Dave, I hope you're really willing to hold up your end of your deal :) She had a great time and her teacher said she is an amazing girl. She was Chloé's teacher a few years ago and Chloé just adores Mrs. Harmon. I'm SO SO excited we get to have her again for Carlee. I asked if she'd teach a few more years so she can teach Jaylee as well. What a gift that would be!
Carlee had an outfit picked out last night that she wanted to wear, it was her "girl super hero shirt" and her sparkle jeans. This morning she changed her mind and instead picked out this adorable blue dress. She looked amazing! She even got to wear a pair of my earrings, yes I know it's a bit over the top, what can I say?? In school Carlee was able to do 2 different coloring projects, write her name and even learn about circles and the letter M (Marvin the Monkey). I'm excited for this year, I think Carlee will really do well! Carlee - I'm so proud of you! You did awesome today! I love you!



2 comments:
gosh, that second picture of Carlee smiling and folding her arms just made me grin and laugh! She is such a cutie pie. I'm glad to hear her first day went well! I'm sure I'll know how you're feeling one of these days!
Don't feel so bad to get choked up. I do every year. It makes you realize how fast time flies and how old your kids are getting. It makes me realize that I am one year closer to being alone. I never want my kids to grow up and move away. :( Your kids are adorable. I hope they really enjoy school.
Post a Comment