Monday, August 25, 2008

1st day of Kindergarten







Today was a lot of firsts for our family! Getting up at 6:30 was not our favorite, as a matter of fact when I went to wake up Chlo to let her know it was time to get up and get ready for school she told me she didn't want to go to school, she wanted to sleep. To be honest with you, I was shocked! I was sure she'd jump out of bed and get ready to go... Amazingly enough within about 5-10 minutes she was out of bed jumping around the house talking about how she got to go on the bus today. She ate a good breakfast and we even had time for family scripture study and family prayer. Thanks to my great friend Kim who was telling me she's starting that with her family I figured this was a great time to get us on that schedule too. I LOVE it! Thanks Kim! (the picture of Chloé with the other 2 kids are Kim's kids.) It's pretty strange for it to be 9am and I'm up, showered, dressed and even have makeup on! That's unheard of in my house :)

Chlo was way excited to get to the bus stop but I could tell once we got there she was a little nervous. She did know a few kids at the bus stop which actually made me feel better. The bus driver was awesome! When Chloé got on he introduced himself and told her that he'd pick her up every morning at that same spot. It was way cute!
I followed the bus to school because Chlo wanted me to help her find her classroom. Thankfully the kindergarteners all go to the playground and play until 5 minutes before class starts. That was great for Chloé. She's already made new friends and looked excited to start learning. This morning I was telling Chlo how she got to play on her own playground designed just for kindergarteners, when Carlee found that out she said she wanted to go to that school too. What a nut! I'm so proud of Chloé and I'm excited for all she gets to do this next year!
*Chlo just got home and we were talking about her experience. She said she had lots of fun. She was so excited when she found out there was another "James" in her class. (that was the name of her "boyfriend" last year) They got to read stories and color a picture. I guess the other diabetic boy in her class is "kind of a brat" I guess he was sort of rude to the other kids. Darn. Hopefully Chlo will show that not all diabetics are like that. Chlo said she felt really bad for the kid he was making fun and said it just wasn't nice. Good for you Chlo. She rode home on the bus all by herself and I guess the bus driver was new because he went the wrong direction to bring her home... Oops, I'm glad there was a helper on the bus making sure the kids did get off where they should have. Chlo met a cute boy on the bus who looked like her "except he was a boy". She said he had cute freckles and blonde hair just like her. She had to sit by herself on the bus ride home because she's the only one who gets off at her stop. I guess her new little buddy also sat by himself too. She says "So that's okay". I'm SO glad she had a good experience. I think she's going to have a great time this year.

3 comments:

Ginny Connelly said...

Look at her sweet face...she is beaming. You can tell she is so excited to ride the bus and to start school. Aren't little kids so cute when they are so excited to start something new??

Mels said...

How fun, I'm so excited for her! You are handling this so well, I would be falling apart! Thanks for the sweet comments that you left on my blog. I would love to take photos for you. Just tell me where and when! :)

Bergstresser Bunch said...

Good for Chloe! She is so cute and so excited that is wonderful. Also, way to go with the scripture time in the morning. That can be tough, but keep at it!