Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A crazy day!







Today has been totally crazy! Chlo had her quarterly diabetic appointment in SLC this morning at 10, that made the morning nuts! Chloé’s average blood sugars have been super high, so we have some changes to make. They did tell us today though that there is a new meter that can test your blood sugars every 5 minutes, send the information to a pump, which means it can automate all her insulin which in turn will help her blood sugars to stay at better levels. I called my insurance company today and they weren’t much help – from what I could gather they don’t know much but that particular meter and pump aren’t covered… I need to do more research – how nice would that be?!?! They even have a new tester that you can program alarms on so you know if they’re getting too low or too high… That would mean NO MORE NIGHT WAKE UPS!!! I’ve been getting up at least 1-2 times a night sometimes up to 5-6 times just to be sure her blood sugars are not dropping too low - I have no idea what I’d do with myself being able to sleep and not worry about her! I just hope the insurance company will work with us.

After her appointment we headed over to the zoo. We usually do this on Chloé’s mid-summer diabetic appointment. The girls were so ornery! Chlo said she didn’t feel good and Carlee wanted to sit in the stroller with the seat laid back so she could relax – when she couldn’t she had a freak out. Adding that to Jaylee and her Colic – well, I’ve had better trips to the zoo… We stayed long enough to eat and take a train ride, we also had to get our annual family picture taken in front of the gorilla. Funny too how we brought the double stroller for Jaylee and whoever may have needed a ride - ended up that I carried Jaylee and the two "Big sisters" got the stroller! We got to sit in the front two seats of the train so we asked the conductor to take our picture. Huh, 2 family pictures in one day. Too bad Carlee wasn’t looking in the second.

Today was also my dad’s birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! I LOVE YOU!!! He is honestly the most amazing guy ever! He’s such a hard working, lovable guy. He is good at anything he does and does everything all out! He is super supportive and is there anytime I need him. Thanks Dad! (Jaylee is actually named after him. It’s SO nice to have such great people in our lives huh?) Anyway, we went to dinner with the family then went to see my parent’s new house and have cake and ice cream. It was so fun to spend time with my parents, Heather, Brian and Nate. Becca is with her family in TX (bummer!) and of coarse Julie is in TX with Dave and Justin is still in Zimbabwe – which, by the way, he is getting home on September 24th!!! I can’t wait! It was so fun to chat with the fam while Dave played HORSE with Nate and Brian. Nate won! Chlo was such a great helper and, without being asked, got everyone a cold drink of water. Thanks Chlo! Jaylee didn’t get a real nap today and I could tell Carlee was quite tired as well, so now that all the rugrats are in bed I’d also better take advantage of the sleep time. It was a great day filled with fun activities! Thanks to everyone for making it so wonderful!

2 comments:

Bergstresser Bunch said...

So excited!

Here is my email:
happi0913@aol.com

Loves,
Sarah

Shannon Martin said...

FYI, even if the new tester is not covered by insurance you might want to look into having Xactware run some money through a cafeteria plan and have it be tax free. I think it would be well worth the money to get your sleep back!