This last week has been SO crazy but SO fun at the same time. Seeing as my sister Julie lives in TX it's usually around 6 months or so between visits. Needless to say we scheduled our whole week to be able to spend time with Julie and her cute little Bailey. Monday we decided to work on Quiet books mom was kind enough to get for us. After coloring one section Heather decided she was "colored out". It was fun to sit and talk about our lives and even Justin and his love life. Brian and Nate came up so it was truly a family reunion. On Tuesday we went and did Jaylee's birthday shopping - which I put in a precious post. That night we had Carlee's dress rehersal for her dance so we took off early. Wednesday we went to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. After going to the gardens countless times I've never been there in the rain. We were able to experience that this time. It was BEAUTIFUL! Heather and I LOVE the thunder so it was an added bonus that we got both rain and thunder. The girls had a great time. We headed home afterwards to get Carlee ready for her recidal. The family came to that as well and we LOVED having them there. Thursday we had lunch here with the fam, including Justin, which was an added bonus! We got tickets to go to the Oquirrh Mountain temple openhouse. It was such an amazing temple. The girls always love the opportunity to go inside and Carlee actually decided she liked the whole thing this time. Chlo liked the baptisimal font. They had a little presentation in the sealing room where the people thought Justin and I were married. Quite silly :) Once we left the temple it was full on DOWN POUR!!! It SOAKED us right through. The temple had arranged escourts with umbrellas to take us to our cars. It was so nice! We were still soaked through. The girls and I stopped at Hobby lobby on our way home since we were right there and I need to collect some things for an activity I'm doing for the older primary girls in our ward. Then we went home and packed for the evening. We spent the night with Jackmans which was a total party. The boys watched the NBA finals game which was super intese and fun to watch since I haven't seen any sporting event for months. I was able to finish a fleece blanket for Jaylee and of coarse chat it up with my fam. The girls decided not to go to bed until around midnight which of coarse made for a long morning. Friday morning was Jaylee's birthday which was all explained in the post below. It was a great day! Saturday morning we woke up early and re-packed to head up to Park City to be with the Nelson family. Dave's sisters Shannon won a weekend in a home up there. Grandma Nelson and Aunt Chanel were AWESOME and took Chlo and Carlee for us so Dave and I could do some shopping. How great is that?!?! We were able to find some fun things and it was great to spend time together. We went to historical Park City Mainstreet for dinner and loved it. Carlee confused the waiter by asking for a crabby patty for dinner (Sponge bob's way of saying hamburger) She then changed her mind and ordered Mac and cheese (very good choice - the mac and cheese was awesome!) We headed back to the house to chill and chat. The highlight for me was the air hockey table in the basement. I grew up playing air hockey at my grandparents house and have actually gotten pretty good. I DOMINATED!!! I even shut out 2 people (one of which was my little nephew - so that shouldn't count) I can't wait to get our basement done so we can get a table too. Dave's highlight was the sauna. Dave, his brother Dan and I spent a half hour in the sauna. We laughed and talked and sweat like crazy - it was fantastic. Then we spent the balance of the evening trying to get the kids to go to sleep. They decided to have a "cousin sleepover" which meant lots of Sponge Bob and Scooby doo. The kids LOVED being with their cousins. It was a rough night though - we didn't get much sleep if any. It was nice to come home today and catch up a little with a 3 hour nap! WAHOO. It has been so wonderful spending quality time with both families this week. What a treat. Thanks to everyone for making this week so fantastic! Love you all!!! XOXO
2 months ago



6 comments:
That sounds like such a fun week! I miss seeing you every week at church. Your girlies are so cute.
Too much fun! But I say my Little party girl go big or go home!
Thanks for the wonderful week. I love all the pictures! You are the best.
Fun times :)
That picture of Heather IS amazing... beautiful girl.
WOW y'all have been busy! You got tons of great pics. Love the ones of the four little girls..cute, cute.
Okay, so I have to say it again. Your kids are just too cute! I can not get over Jaylee. She is an adorable birthday girl
Post a Comment