This week has been so amazingly fun! We've been able to enjoy my sister Julie and her adorable little Bailey! It's been fun planning different activities every day. Yes, that means this week has once again become a "dink around week" as Dave would say. Yesterday we were able to start some quiet books that mom got for us and just chat and catch up with Justin's love life - man, he's a popular kid with the ladies, not that I'm surprised... Today we went out to get Jaylee's birthday gifts. What a party! We went to Toys R Us where I picked out her new stroller and grandma and grandpa got her a baby doll and stroller. Jaylee was FREAKING OUT down the stuffed animal isle - she LOVED LOVED LOVED it. It was cute to watch. Then we went to Build A Bear - this is becoming a new family tradition that we seem to be starting. Jaylee picked out a little kitty and Carlee picked out a cute swimsuit for her. Since all my sisters are together we all sang Jaylee Happy Birthday and put it in the bear. Hopefully it will be meaningful for her. Then we headed off to Carlee's dance dress rehersal (I do have to add one thing - on our way out of the mall Carlee had the "grace" to fall 2 times in 15 feet!!! First time she tripped she ended up sprawled on the floor getting mad at me... come to find out she had tripped over her own shoes... Then she proceded to fall AGAIN after taking about 3 steps. This time she hit her face on the tile which in turn created blood dripping down her chin... Oh Carlee - the whole mall must have known she had fallen because she was screaming her guts out. I'm glad she ended up okay and no stitches were necessary... this type of thing, unfortunatly, is not uncommon. She even says, "I pulled a Carlee mom". ) Carlee did a good job on her dance and I can't wait to see it performed live tomorrow night.
On a personal note, I had a friend experience a great loss last night. Her husband chose to take his own life... I have not been able to get them out of my mind today. My heart goes out to her and her two daughters who are suffering immensely. I have a whole new testimony of being a friend and to DO YOUR VISITING TEACHING!!! I was her visiting teacher and loved her so much. The bishopric called this morning to see if I could help them track her down and I was unable to do so because I didn't know her maiden name or her extended family's phone number. I would encourage all ladies to please do your visiting teaching and really get to KNOW your sisters. I will be getting that information from all other ladies I visit teach. Please give all your loved ones hugs and kisses tonight and let them know how much you love them - you never know how much they may need it!



4 comments:
My goodness, you have had quite the week. I can't hardly believe that Jaylee is already turning 1! That year went by soooo fast.
Amen, to visiting teaching. I don't think sisters realize how they affect the people they visit. Being in my RS presidency we can't drill that in our sisters heads enough. I love the sisters I visit and I feel the love they have for me.
What a cute idea - I love that you recorded yourselves!!!! I pull Carlees all the time - just last week - while babysitting, my pants got caught on something, I fell and my pants- well stuck with whatever they got caught on! I am glad you are having fun dinking around!
That is the cutest build a bear! It's darling! I also as you know especially because of my calling, have a huge testimony of the importance of Visiting Teaching and becoming a friend and building relationships and that its just a calling. Have a fun week this week with your family!!
Life is crazy, wonderful, fun, and completely never what we think its going to be! Call me if you need to chat sometime!
Post a Comment