Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Work Party and other fun times!







I always enjoy going to Dave's annual work party. Maybe it's because I worked at the same place for several years as well, so in a way, it's almost like a little "family reunion" for me. This year it was held at Thanksgiving Point. What great fun! The girls had a blast. They really do enjoy the Children's gardens. They even wore their swim suits so they could get wet. Dave even came sporting his swim trunks so he could enjoy the water too. They were so cute to watch! Dinner was great because of the company, but I have to admit, I came home hungry because the food was pretty nasty... Dang!
The past few days I've been getting worried because Carlee has been drinking a TON and going to the bathroom quite a bit too - both signs of diabetes. I honestly couldn't handle having a second child with the disease so I've been holding off testing her. Yesterday was super scary so Dave recommended we test her just to be sure. I was shaking like a leaf as the tester was calculating her number. She was at 99!!! Yahoo! No diabetes for now. I am going to call her pediatrician tomorrow though to see if she might possibly have a bladder infection.

This week I've also decided to stop nursing! Yahoo, it must be Christmas. After facing my 4th infection my doctor recommend that I stop. After confirming with the diabetic office that formula was okay for Jaylee I've moved on to wrapping myself! I have to admit, I'm in more pain now then I was with the last infection. Anyone have any tips on how to make your milk dry out? Jaylee was also diagnosed with Reflux and Colic as well... Fun times :) The doctor has her on a prescription to help with the reflux, Colic just has to pass. So if anyone is bored or wants to rock a fussy baby, head on over :)

4 comments:

Ginny Connelly said...

Hey Sherri,
Kaylie had colic. The thing that seemed to help her the most was finding the right formula for her. I used soy. Holding her with her back to you and put your arms tight around their tummy helps too. Mostly it just went away with time. Hope this helps for you...You're probably not getting very good sleep at night either. So sorry. Hope this helps.

Becca J said...

It was great to see y'all at the dinner. I agree, and so does Nate, about the food. Yuck.. lol.

I hope there is an explanation for Carlie's behaviors. Keep me posted.

Hope to see y'all this week!!

Shannon Martin said...

I've heard cold cabbage leaves work? Sorry about the colic and reflex, I think every mother gets at least one of each, or even together if you are real lucky. I bet when she hits about 3 months the colic will be gone. Hang in there....

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherri
It sounds like you have had a rough few weeks! I'm so sorry. Can I help you with anything? So I have wrapped myself with my last two babies and it does kill to dry up your milk. I tried the cold cabbage leaves with Lacey and it actually made it feel a lot better. Do you want me to bring you some? Hang in there. I usually have 4 rough days and then it's better. Your baby is so dang cute by the way! Keep me posted on Carlie.