Friday, July 18, 2008

A fun filled week



Okay, so I've been terrible bloging this week. Sorry! I do like to post every few days or so... Oops. So here is the "Catch up" post for the week :)
This week we were able to go to Thankgiving Point gardens with aunt Becca. We had a blast! It was even more fun because she'd never been there before. I love showing people around that place, it's amazing! The girls had a blast playing in the water, collecting butterflies (which they named Harold) and running up and down the trails. Of coarse because it's me going out ice cream had to be involved, so we stopped at the little cafe and had a treat. YUM! I totally recommend the raspberry yogurt soft ice cream. That night the girls were able to spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa Jackman. So fun! I love that my parents do this. It's SO good for the girls to get a break from me as much as it is for me to get a break from them. I think all of us were running short on patience. :) Of coarse because grandma's are the best ever she decided to take my girls to the canyon for a hot dog and marshmallow roast. The girls had a BALL! Thanks mom and dad! Chlo decided to try a hot dog on an actual bun and loved it... She's really growing up now if she can eat a hot dog like that :) Then they played in the little stream close by. I guess Chlo fell in and grandpa helped her out. From what I understand she had to hang out in her panties the rest of the outing :) The girls helped grandma the next morning to organize her playroom and to break in some new toys that will be going in the new playroom in her amazing new house. While the girls were with grandma my buddy Mindy and I took our girls to the AF baby contest. We were excited to show off our cute babies but were VERY dissapointed when we heard how it worked. I guess out of all the babies in Jaylee and Betty's category there was only ONE winner. LAME! I couldn't believe we paid money for that... The winners only got a stuffed animal too. Bummer. It was great to be able to spend some time with Mindy though. It's always a great day when I can do that :)
Today Dave took the day off again and we went swimming. The girls had a ball! Jaylee actually got in the water for the first time too. She didn't do too bad. Shan, thanks for the re-usable water diaper. It fits her great and works well too! Chlo had a great time jumping off the diving board and Carlee liked the kids hot tub. It's always nice to spend time together as a family. The picture attached is actually the first picture we have with all 5 of us. Finally huh? :) It's been a great week!

4 comments:

Becca J said...

Wow, what a week at the Nelson's! I'm glad I was able to be a part of it for a day :)

ps - I totally don't mind if you copy the collage.. it's kinda lame, but it works.

Shannon Martin said...

Can you imagine that diaper on Lucy with her thighs! Glad that it got some wear! Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. We are just starting ours, my mother in law came and picked the 2 oldest up and took them to Wyoming with her. So tomorrow we have church with only 1 kid. It seems to easy when you go from three down to 1!

Ginny Connelly said...

I can't believe how big your girls are getting. Jaylee looks so grown up with all that hair. How lucky are you to be able to "do" her hair at such a young age. And by the way you look GREAT for just having a baby. You'll have to share your secret.

DotteeO said...

The pictures are all so cute!! I love the special effects...awesome!