Monday, December 22, 2008

Oh the Weather outside is Frightful!

This is what the weather says it is going to be for the next 4 days. Oh boy...
See how cute the girls are. This is them after being outside for over 2 1/2 hours! Carlee went in the house because she had to go potty. I think she didn't want to take the time to get re-dressed so she stayed in the house and waited for us to come in.

The girls are all relaxing in their thrones! Don't they look royal??? :)

You can sort of tell how much snow we have by the amount on the table - It's a little bit deceiving because the sides of the table aren't as deep as the middle. I'm guessing we've gotten close to a foot today alone!

I have to start off this post by appologizing to everyone. If you know me you know how much I LOVE precipitation. I have been known to pray for more! :) So sorry for all the prayers. The girls have been begging to go outside to build snowmen and forts. Well, today we filled that wish... We've been outside for the last 3 hours shoveling the driveway (I only got 1/2 done in an hour and once I started to feel like I was going to throw up from the work - I stopped :)) and building snow creatings. The girls and I headed to the back yard with Madison and Reagan to start building while I was shoveling. It stared out where each girl had their own fort - then a few started to work together and in the end we all worked on one. It turned out pretty good. It even had an opening that the girls could crawl through. They each also had a "throne" to sit in. It was so fun. Now we're all in the house preparing to sip cocoa and enjoy a movie all snuggled up in blankets. As much as I HATE driving in the snow I love days like this where I can play in the snow with my girls! I hope you all drive where you need to go safely. It looks like this weather is going to stick around for a while, so good luck!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like so much fun! Maybe next year I will be able to do that with my kids (but who am I kidding - I will have twins that are 6 months old). You are a good mom!

Kristen M said...

I totally remember building snow thrones with you guys in our back yards! We'd even make cupholders. Oh, we had so much fun growing up. Skiing in our backyard, and sledding down Deer Hill. How fun that your girls are into it too! We've had crazy weather here too. Church has been cancelled 2 weeks in a row, school was cancelled all this past week, and we're pretty much snowed in because they don't plow anything, and no one owns a snow shovel. we have about 14 in. on the ground - the biggest storm here since 1980. it's nuts!

Peggy said...

Snow becomes worthwhile when its played in!!! I think I need to build myself a throne!