Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Jaylee's teeth are actually easier to feel than to see. She still looks cute :)
This is Carlee's new hair cut... Kim did a great job but it will take me a while to get over this one.
Notice that poor Kim is still in her church clothes. Kim, you deserve several extra blessings for helping bail us out of this one!
Yes, that big chunk out of the left side of her hair is really gone! I have no idea what she was thinking!

You know, after the last few days I honestly thought I'd get a break from chaos, but alas... no luck! Yesterday we went to WalMart to do some family Christmas shopping. It was SO SO much fun. The girls LOVED picking out gifts for each other but loved even more being able to wrap them themselves.
But then today came...
Jaylee has been super fussy and has had a super runny nose. This morning we had a "GOOD" suprise to see that she had both her bottom teeth coming in! YAHOO! That would explain a lot. I don't ever remember more than 1 tooth coming in at a time for either of the other two girls. What a brave Jaylee!

I was exhausted after the last few days and Dave said I could go in the back and take a nap while Jaylee was asleep. While I was asleep the girls got into my ribbons and cut some as well as used the hot glue gun! (Dave fell asleep on the couch!) Not only that but when Dave got up to get a drink he saw clumps of hair all over the kitchen floor... He asked what was up and when we saw Carlee we wanted to cry! While Chlo was cutting ribbon for her own bows the "BAD" had happened... Carlee had CHOPPED her long beautiful hair clean off! Not just a little bit either! TONS! There was no fixing it for me... I had to call a great friend to see if she'd take some time on a Sunday to help me fix the "UGLY". She was amazing and took her Sunday evening to help. Kim didn't have the heart to cut Carlee's hair to the shortest length Carlee cut it so she did her best to hide the short parts. I think she did a great job, but I still want to cry! I've been having so much fun doing crazy hair do's on her... Oh well. Carlee said she cut her own hair because she wanted it to look like Chloé's... We've explained before that only Ms. Kim cuts her hair... Hopefully after this experience she'll think twice about putting scissors to her head. She has been told that she will not use scissors for quite a while - including at pre-school. Her pre-school teacher will be notified and Carlee will NOT use scissors until at least next year. Wow! Hopefully starting tomorrow things will look up and no serious issues will arise. Cross your fingers! :)
As a little side note: Utah football is going to the Sugar Bowl on January 2 playing Alabama! YAHOO! That will be a crazy game. Good luck Utah, this ain't Kansas anymore :)

3 comments:

Audrey said...

I can't believe she cut her hair. Knock on wood, my girls have never done that.

Becky said...

Hey Sherri!
I saw your blog address on facebook. You have a darling family and it looks like it keeps you pretty busy! I'm so happy to see you guys are doing so well. Merry Christmas!!

Mindy Greene said...

Well I do have to say her hair looks cute short. I cant belive she and chloe cut their hair. How are you going to fix Chloe's?

Good thing your girls are adorable no matter what hair style they have!!! ;)

Love
Min