Seeing the birth of our 3rd child coming and Father's day just around the corner I've been thinking about the importance of "Dad's". I've been so blessed to have the dad that I have and to grow up in such a loving family. In the same regard I think my girls are lucky to grow up with the loving father they have as well. How lucky we are to have the men we do in our lives. I got a little LDS Gems email this morning that has to do with mothers, but I think it goes both ways. Just wanted to give a quick, "I love you" to the Father's who are in my life!
"As fathers we should have love unbounded for the mothers of ourchildren. We should accord to them the gratitude, respect, and praise thatthey deserve. Husbands, to keep alive the spirit of romance in yourmarriage, be considerate and kind in the tender intimacies of your marriedlife. Let your thoughts and actions inspire confidence and trust. Let yourwords be wholesome and your time together be uplifting. Let nothing in lifetake priority over your wife--neither work, recreation, norhobby."
(Russell M. Nelson, ""Our Sacred Duty to Honor Women,"" Ensign, May 1999, 39)
(Russell M. Nelson, ""Our Sacred Duty to Honor Women,"" Ensign, May 1999, 39)



2 comments:
thanks sherri for the great post
ps - i love the family slideshow, you are so gorgeous.. I hope to be the cute mom you are!
Post a Comment