Friday, June 20, 2008

Julie's Shower


Last night was SO much fun! It was great to see so many family and friends gather to celebrate such an exciting thing. I should have taken better pictures of the whole group. Dang. I was so flattered to be able to be part of Julie's shower last night too. She is such an amazing sister and it's been so fun to be able to be pregnant with her and to enjoy the "blessings" of it together :)

The girls had a great time too. I decided to get Jaylee a little bouncy chair so it would be easier to have us in the room with us without her having to be on the floor. She loved it. With Becca's help I was able to put it together and Jaylee loved it. She spent most of the night sleeping in it. It actually took 3 different ladies to wake her up. Must be a magical chair :) Carlee and Chloé LOVED the chocolate fountain. I don't know how many treats they had... Chlo loved showing off to all her new admirers as well. She was doing cartwheels and dancing for them. Like Dave says, she's destined to be in the next big "teen movie" . Sometimes I swear she's 5 going on 13. Carlee just followed Chlo around and also enjoyed the treats. She loved helping me with Jaylee as well.

My parents have this neighbor who, can I say, is honestly so amazing. (lots of them are!) but this one in particular has taken a special place in my girls hearts. She is so over the top and fun, she's such a spaz!!! Anyway, when she saw the girls last night she called them over and said she had something for them. She always has them choose a hand. Chlo got blue cotton candy lip gloss and Carlee got Green, watermelon. Sister Duffy was freaking out, "look how cool that is, it even has a brush inside!" Then she told them to choose a hand again and they each got a really cute silver High school Musical bracelet. She is truly a giving, wonderful person. The girls love her and have asked if we could bring her some fresh flowers the next time we see her so they can say thank you. Thank you Sister Duffy for teaching my girls to be kind and giving!

All in all it was a wonderful night that I'm so glad I was able to take part in.

No comments: