Saturday, June 7, 2008

Crying over Spilled apple sauce


You know, the farther into pregnancy I get the more I realize what a sacrifice it can be. It is for a worthy cause and I'd never change the outcome! After all the pills, morning sickness, emotional breakdowns, large weight gain, cramps, limited movement, tiredness, heart burn, moodiness, and all the other fun things associated with being pregnant, when they put that baby in your arms it all becomes worth it :) I have been super lucky this pregnancy to have a sister be pregnant with me. It's been fun because this is her first. It's great to talk to her about all her "first time pregnancy questions and stories". This last week she told me the cutest story that I just had to post. Julie is a very grounded, steady person. She's super sweet and mellow. Her pregnancy has been pretty easy going besides the fact that her baby is measuring a bit small. Anyway, she told me the other day she was going to get herself a snack out of the fridge. She decided to grab some apple sauce. As she took the bottle from the fridge to put it on the counter she dropped it and the bottle shattered on the floor spilling apple sauce and glass all over the kitchen. I guess Julie just stood there and looked at the mess with a blank stare. Her husband came running in to see if everything was okay. She looked up and him and burst out bawling. Being the guy that he is he immediately went over to hold her and tell her it was all going to be okay. Julie laughs that through all her pregnancy the thing that makes her cry was a broken bottle of apple sauce. In her own words she says, "I cried over spilled apple sauce". Go Jules, no big deal, wait a few more weeks and you'll be crying over a commercial on TV or an add you see in the newspaper :)

Thanks Julie for being such a great sister and for all the fun phone calls! I am so blessed to have the family I do. Just a quick shout out to my sister-in-law who just found out she's pregnant too! CONGRATULATIONS BECKY!!! Bring on the babies :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Matt and Becky?

Mindy Greene said...

Sherri -

that is so cute!! I am glad that I dont have to worrie about it much longer!!

I remember when I was pregnut with Hunter I was about 30-ish weeks pregnut and me and my mom decided (bad choice) to watch Charlie!! Gall what was I thinking I think I cried for days just thinking about the movie!!

Good luck tomarrow!! Love Mindy