Last night I was reading in the New Era, yes, this magazine is quickly becoming my favorite :) Anyway, I was reading Elder Holland's message and this one section hit me like a ton of bricks! It was so inspiring and motivating I had to share it!
"Maxwell Anderson, who wrote a moving drama about this young woman (Joan of Arc) and her courage, has her say in his play as the flames begin to consume her: "The world can use these words... Every man gives his life for what he believes; every woman gives her life for what she believes. Sometimes people believe in little or nothing, [and yet] they give up their lives to that little or nothing. One life is all we have, and we live it as we believe in living it, and then it's gone. But to surrender waht you are, and live without belief-that's more terrible than dying-more terrible than dying young".
I started thinking about my life and wondering if I am living my life the way my "beliefs" are (meaning not only religious - I have VERY strong religious beliefs)... I have hopes and dreams and I have begun to see that this also needs to be my focus! I need to be brave and live my life to the fullest! Live each day like it is "a holiday and every meal a banquet". Life is a gift and we shouldn't waste it! :)
Random tidbits from me :)
2 months ago




2 comments:
wonderful!
You are so great. Thanks for your words of inspiration!
Post a Comment