Friday, January 15, 2010

Wedding day


Justin was invited to join Amber for her brial pictures - I guess they're called "groomals"  Cute couple huh?

First picture of them right before they came out of the temple.  Don't you LOVE Amber's smile??

These two are SUPER affectionate.  I love it! :)

I love this picture of Bean and my dad.  Precious!

Chlo had to be one of the first to give hugs - thus the reason for my slow reaction :)  Chlo is OBSESSED with weddings.

Carlee loved Amber's dress.

Isn't this such a great picture of Justin and Carlee?!

I had to take this shot.  Doesn't my dad look like one of those department store models??? :)

The girls stayed warm by messing around with the uncles.  They're SO lucky to have such amazing uncles!

We were happy it didn't snow - but it was COLD!  Becca was beyond amazing to help keep Jaylee warm.

Jaylee LOVES her uncle Bean. I love all the silly facial expressions.

One of the best part about weddings is being able to spend time with all our family!  It's so great to let my girls play with their one cousin on the Jackman side - cute little Bailey! :)

The girls were so good about being happy for pictures - I think this picture was Chlo's last.  She was way cold! :)

Everyone was starving so we shared the goldfish crackers I brought for the girls :)

Jaylee LOVED the suckers I brought.  Perfect treat for her :)

Chlo kept sneaking away from us trying to be with the bride and groom - so it was hard to get pictures of her.  I was FINALLY able to get a shot of her at lunch before Justin and Amber got there.  She is such a sweetheart and LOVES all this wedding stuff.

This is the last picture I was able to get before BOTH of my camera batteries died!  Chlo took this picture for us.  Doesn't Dave look smashing???  I LOVE the new beard!!!  I think it makes him look amazing!  Thanks for keeping the beard just for me Dave :)

Yesterday was such an amazing day!  I felt so lucky to have been able to participate in such a special occasion.  Justin is my baby brother so it's very strange to see him getting married.  Makes me feel super old! :)  He did find a spectacular girl and we love her very much.  The wedding ceremony itself was the best I've ever been to.  The sweet man who married them did such an amazing job.  He talked a lot about the temple and how all the ordinances are done in a certain order and all are done alone... until the last.  He was talking about how we can't get to the celestial kingdom without our spouse.  He said the Celestial kingdom has a double wide door that only allows couples in.  Just as Justin was able to take Amber through the veil he will also be the one to escort her into the celestial kingdom.  He also talked about children a lot - and how we are commanded to multiply and replenish the earth - he also said that we are given an amazing gift that day - the Lord has given us each our own kingdom so long as we live righteously enough to obtain it.  We are also told that we will be able to continue having children after this life as to enjoy the blessings of family forever.  He had a cute comment that when we're in our kingdoms MANY years from now and one of our future children asks us when this all got started, Justin and Amber can say, " well, it was this cold January morning..."  He was so sweet.  It was amazing to see things that way!  He also said that when they pray for children they should not only pray that they are healthy and good children, but that they be of the chosen of His children.  These children are lucky to be in a home where the gospel will be taught.  He mentioned that his daughter gave a talk in church and said when she was very young she wasn't sure if the church was true but she knew her dad knew it was true and "daddy doesn't lie".  He counseled them to be sure their children have no doubt of their faithfulness in the gospel.  He aslo said that there have been thousands of prayers made for these two - even prayers that were made for them before they were born.  It was overwhelming to hear all the many other beautiful things he said to Justin and Amber and I know as they start their own kingdom they're starting it off right.  What a great opportunity we have to be on the earth today with so many opportunities and blessings given to us!
I will do a reception post when I get some pictures from my SIL. :)  Much more fun things to tell there!
Congratulations Justin and Amber!
Love you forever!
xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell them I said Congratulations! Its truly awesome to see love in the world especially at this level! I dont know about Daves new Beard might have to grow on me!

Mindy Greene said...

Sherri - What cute pictures!! I love all the pictures of the girls! What a fun cold day! ;)

Justin and Amber Jackman said...

Sherri, thank you so much for writing some of the stuff down! It really was great to read and to think of the wonderful day. You are the best! :)