Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween festivities


Happy Halloween everyone!  This season has been quite eventful for my little famliy.  First off Jaylee decides to get croup and a sinus infection... This means screaming for 4 days with constant holding needed.  Then we got lucky enough to have Carlee get a fever on Thursday night - the night before the Halloween parties.  I got up at 2am that night to make sure she was okay - she was still high so I gave her some meds and "thought" I was going back to sleep.  Jaylee decided she wasn't tired anymore at 3am and I was up with a screaming child the rest of the night.  No idea what happened.  Finally at 6am I couldn't take it anymore so I recruited Dave to help.  He said she was acting posessed... I think it may have been the antibiotics... she's never had them before.  Needless to say, it was a long day on Friday.  The girls had a great time at their parties and looked Great!  Chlo was the bat princess, Carlee the poison princess, Jaylee was the spider princess.  I got to walk with Chlo's class in the parade and I got to watch Carlee sing and do a parade.  They were both spectacular.  By the time we were done watching Carlee, Jaylee was beyond done (Lack of sleep I'm sure) so we went home and all of us took a nap!  Needless to say, pizza was ordered and delivered Friday night.  On Monday night for FHE we decided to paint pumpkins instead of carve them - less mess and not so time consuming.  Since both girls are AMAZING artists they were thrilled!  Both pumpkins turned out great!  Jaylee was excited to try her hand at paint until she ate the paint instead of painting with it. Sort of messed up her night...  Last Sunday the girls wore the CUTEST outfits to church.  Had to take a few pictures.  Don't they look adorable???  They had lots of coments on how great they looked.  They are such great girls!  Last night for Halloween we were SO excited to have Nate and Becca join us!  I was beyond flattered they'd want to spend their holiday with us!  We had Chili and breadsticks and went trick or treating.  My girls don't usually go because we enjoy the trunk or treat - since there wasn't one - we went house to house.  It was amazing how fast it got cold.  We only made it around our circle and went home :)  The girls LOVED answering the door for trick or treaters and would throw a fit if anyone else did.  Thanks again Nate and Becca for coming!  We LOVED it! 



On a side note - my brother got ENGAGED last night!  He was way cute about it and did a great job!  I'm excited to introduce my new Sister-in-law - Amber!  We love you Amber!!  These pictures were taken right after he proposed!

8 comments:

Mels said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome Halloween! Lookin' great in your costume. What a hottie! :)

Michelle said...

Let me just say you look FABULOUS! Seriously, you look GREAT!

Ginny Connelly said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Halloween and your costumes look GREAT!! Such a cute family!

Anonymous said...

I totally love the hot Chick in black for halloween althought the others were pretty cute the baroness is my fav! Funny Beans playing it off as if he wasnt going to get engaged for a long time just last month and then He goes and does it! They are cute together tell them I said best of luck! I miss your fabulousness!

Mindy Greene said...

Sherri --

The costumes turned out AMAZING!! Hunter just said he was sad he didn't get to see dave in his costume. He loved it though!

Thats awesome about your bro. I still want to hear the story.

Becca J said...

cute new background :) Did you spend 5000 hours looking for one like I did? ;) Thanks again for all your help!

The Red Hen said...

LOVED the costume - you look totally hot! Your girls are adorable (as usual) too!

Peggy said...

Oh my goodness Sherri - you look so hot! I love the sunday outfits too! Happy Halloween!