Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Never a dull moment with a Jaylee


Jaylee's ear after the bookshelf fell on her.


Jaylee in the hospital bed waiting for the results of her Xray.

The girls and Dave wearing masks to help prevent sickness. The girls LOVED them!

Jaylee couldn't figure out what was on Dave's face so she kept trying to pull the mask off.

So... Tonight we had our first real experience with driving to the ER.  Jaylee is one of those kids who should proabably wear a helmet daily. :)  This afternoon Jaylee was playing with an empty storage cabinet we have in our front entry way.  The cabinet tipped over on her and knocked her over flat on the tile floor - with the cabinet strategicly placed ON TOP of her.  She started screaming and I ran and threw the cabinet off of her.  She appeared fine other than both sides of her face were red.  Probably because of being squished between the tile and the cabinet.  I watched her to see if there were any signs of injury.  No vomiting, eye dialation, black under the eyes... Just screaming every time I'd pick her up under her arms.  After chatting with my BFF, Mindy, she recomended I call the doctor.  The doctor recomended we go to the ER for Xrays just to be sure she was okay.  Thus started the LONG night.  We stopped at McDonalds first to get some food for the girls then headed into the hospital.  It was so crazy to see all the stuff going on there.  We picked a busy night to visit.  Everything from burns, broken arms, strokes, stitches, internal injuries, and even a drug overdose...  We were beyond grateful to be there for the reason we were.  There was only one adult allowed in the back - so I got to go.  The doctor who helped us was very nice and quickly ruled out a head injury - lack of syptoms.  Then we headed in for her upper body Xray.  I found it interesting that we were worried about her shoulder being hurt or maybe ribs and we were holding her up by her arms to get the dang Xray...  Don't you think that would irritate the injury???  Anyway - fortunatly they found nothing.  They called it a deep tissue injury meaning she'll be sore for a few days.  I'm sure!!  We're so thankful to be home and everyone safe.  Now we'll just pray we don't get any flu type of things from being there...

6 comments:

Dave and Julie said...

oh dear! I am glad that everything is okay. What a night.

Michelle said...

I am so glad she is okay! The ER can be a crazy place - the ones here are much calmer than the ones on TV. I hope she gets better fast!

The Broughs said...

I'm so glad she is okay! Isn't it amazing that anyone survives childhood?

Becca J said...

poor, sweet, jaylee!! I'm so glad she is okay! Who is it going to be next.. right? haha

Mindy Greene said...

I can see her pore bruised cheeks. Poor thing! I am glad that nothing big resulted from it. Poor thing! I am glad that she it doing well.

Ginny Connelly said...

Goodness. I'm so glad Jaylee is ok. Never a dull moment with little kids.