This week Dave and I made an executive decision to completely cancel our TV service. It seems that all we see on TV is garbage anyway and there are so many more productive things to be doing. Today is our first day "without". The girls and I have had a BLAST! We've been reading, coloring and playing in our little upstairs swing. I've laughed so hard this afternoon. What a great blessing to get rid of the trashy TV! The bad thing is we were having so much fun the laundry didn't get done, dishes didn't get done and dinner isn't ready yet... Oh well, memories are more important right???
*As a side note - the title of this post is a song that Dave has been singing for years. If you haven't heard it have him sing it to you. I LOVE how he is always singing! Makes me smile!



3 comments:
Wow. Tim talks about dropping our TV, but I'm a holdout even though I barely even watch it. I like that Bonden can watch SpongeBob now and then. It's my only chance for a break. And my girls like their shows, too. Hmmm. I grew up without TV and I was perfectly fine. It's funny how I'm a fan now.
Way to go! I so am not that brave. We watch a ton of tv right now - but that is the only way I can get through the day. Once day we will have to at least cut back - I don't know if I could handle no tv. I am impressed!
We compromised by getting a dvr and now only watch what we dvr. It really has cut back the time I spend watching tv and I love fast forwarding the commericals. Good for you!
Post a Comment