Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

This is what the girl's room looked like when I was done "attacking" it.
Yep! This is "Little" Jaylee in her new car seat.

Chlo came to help with Carlee's class party and LOVED it. She was actually able to be-friend one of the tougher kids and help her calm down and participate. It was SO cute. The little girl asked if Chlo could sit by her at the table and at circle time. Way to be an amazing friend Chlo!
This is Carlee and her most fabulous teacher Mrs. Harmon. She had just given Carlee her "Love bugs" and was hugging her telling her how much she loved her.
This is the project the girls and I did for Dave. This is taken before things were all glued down so that's why things are a little crooked. I think it turned out nice :)

This week has been beyond crazy for me. Just when I think things are going to slow down they pick up pace... It hasn't been crazy with bad things, just lots of things. I was able to have the girls help this week with putting Dave's valentine gift together. We did a page of 50 things we love about him. We all laughed as we came up with silly things about dad. I was also able to help in Carlee's class for her Valentine party right after I finshed helping in Chloé's class. I got to do some custom bows for a friend and watch another friends adorable little boy so she could go to a funeral. I got to go on a Coscto run and even had to head over to the Social Security office to FINALLY get my name changed from my maiden name to married name. I never realised what a PAIN that was! I'm glad I never have to do that again. On Friday night I decided to "heart attack" the girls room. I cut out lots of paper hearts and wrote love notes on them and hung them on their wall. Then I scattered chocolate hugs and kisses all over their floor. Yes, I was thinking this would be such a fun idea for the girls... It turned out fun except when they got up at 4AM to eat all the chocolate!!!

Dave got me the best gift I could ever ask for! A LARGE bag of peanut M&M's and a paper that said "things I love about Sherri from A to Z". He had written something he loved about me that started with each letter of the alphabet. It was AMAZING and I'm SO grateful he took the time to do that! It honestly meant the world to me! Thanks Dave!!
My parent's got the girls each a little Valentine gift which was of coarse, to the girl's delight, a craft project. We worked on their little critters and sparkley butterflies for hours on Saturday morning. Chlo has all of her critters named and categorized into who has which role (mom, dad, friend...) Carlee just likes to give all her butterflies smiles with the glitter glue. Yes the glue has been added to several articles of clothing as well as the wall in the hallway. :)
We decided to make sugar cookies as well, which you have to do to make Valentine's day complete. They turned out pretty good too - nothing that Cream Cheese frosting can't make taste good though. For dinner we had roast, mashed potatoes and homeade rolls. Yes, I was baking ALL day. It was great though and we had a blast! I put little love notes all over their place settings and they thought that was way cool (thanks for the great idea Mindy!!!) Chlo said she was going to save the notes forever. Oooh, so cute.
We went over to Nelson's for dinner tonight and had a great time. Mom Nelson is finally on Facebook, which has been comical in and of itself. She was bragging tonight about how proud she was that she figured out how to copy and paste things into an email. You GO Marsh! :) It was great to see them as well this weekend. G&G Nelson got the girls these adorable little bunnies who are riding bikes that race across the floor. The girls LOVE them. Thanks tons guys! :) When we got home I decided to brave bringing up the bigger car seat. Jaylee is growing way WAY too fast for her own good and is not really fitting in her rear facing car seat anymore. The doctor said that once she's 20 pounds she's big enough for the front facing seat... Well, after weighing her on my scale in the bathroom she's 23.5 pounds!!!! Yikes, you should be 20 pounds at 1 year! Yes, my child is only 8 months old... She's so stinkin' cute though. Anyway, after scrubbing out the nasty car seat, we tried her out. She LOVED it. It was hillarous to see how small she actually looked in it. I don't know if I dare actually let her ride in it yet although I know she'll be much more comfortable... I guess we'll see...
It has been a great weekend and I am SO grateful tomorrow is a holiday. Dave said he'll take care of the girls in the morning so I can SLEEP IN!!! What better gift can there be??? :)
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

3 comments:

The Stoddard's said...

Thanks again Sheri for your help this week! Your an amazing mom and freind. We love you!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you guys had a fabulous Valentine's! And thanks again for the bows! They are GREAT!

Becca J said...

What an AWESOME Valentine's Day at the Nelsons! So many sweet things were done to make the day special. Tell Dave WAY TO GO with the A-Z things he loves about you. How creative and thoughtful! That cracks me up that the girls got up at 4AM to eat the chocolate. Hey, if I were a little girl and I woke up to that, I probably would have done the exact same thing!

Glad you got the pain errand out of the way of changing your name for your SS. Ugh...

PS - the "oreo" cookies were YUMMY!Thanks again for the recipe.