Saturday, February 28, 2009

I love to see the temple!

We had the cute bus host take this picture. He had to shove the last of his cookie in his mouth to shoot it for us. Thanks buddy :)
The girls LOVED the bus. Dave was just pumped we got all 5 of us in 2 seats. Go Dave!
My BFF Mindy said I had to take a picture of the girls in front of this painting. I think it turned out pretty cute. :)


It was CRAZY how many people were there. I honestly started getting a bit clostrophobic after a while. It was well worth the wait though!

Yes, I know this is a random picture - I just had to put in one of Jaylee's power nap right before we left. Poor kid - she had a poop out and I didn't want her to take down another outfit before we left - so here she is... What a sweetheart!


Today was such a special day for me and my little family. We had tickets to go to the Draper Temple Open House. It was so amazing! On Monday Night for FHE we talked about the temple and all the different things you can do there. We also talked about what you have to do to be able to get a recommend to get inside. The girls have been asking me every day if that was the day we got to go to the temple. For the first time in HISTORY the girls were dressed and ready to go several hours before we needed to leave today. :) Once we got to the temple the questions started to flow. One of Chlo's first questions was about the bathroom soap in the temple (of coarse Carlee had to go potty) She asked if the soap was yellow to remind us about Jesus' birth... I'm guessing she associated it with the star... Carlee's first question was wondering of the Oxen under the font were real :) The girls were intreagued by what they saw. Chlo seemed more interested in what happened in each room and the small beautiful details inside. Carlee prefered opening every locker room door and trying out all the chairs. Jaylee was a dream and was great the whole time! She did get pretty heavy toward the end though. The amazing thing with Jaylee was watching her when she'd see a picture of Jesus. She'd immediatly smile and try to wave. It really touched my heart. Once we finished the tour we asked the girls what they liked best. Chlo said she liked the wedding room with the mirrors and the big light in the celestial room. Carlee said she liked the bus ride... (she later said she also liked the wedding room.) It was a great experiece and Chlo asked when she could go again. We are truly blessed to be so close to so many temples. I am thankful we were able to have such a nice evening as a family! It did help that it was topped off by Artic Circle for dinner and a big old Chocolate with Brownies and Carmel shake for me :)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you were able to go!

Ginny Connelly said...

What a wonderful experience. Isn't it so great that we can take our young families and instill in them the importance of the temples and the wonderful blessings we can receive if we remain faithful.

Dave and Julie said...

how fun! Your daughters have some amazing teachers! What a cute family. 11 days and counting!

Mindy Greene said...

I love the pictures and I am glad that you were able to get pictures with the temple in the background.