Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Exciting week







This last week has been pretty crazy for us. We've finally decided to start finishing our basement. YAHOO!!! It's been so much fun watching things happen. We hired these framers who are beyond amazing! So if anyone's looking for one let me know. They're fast, good and a great price! Today they're doing our HVAC and hopefully next week will be plumbing and electrical. I'm still waiting for calls back from those guys. Attached are a few pictures of the girls favorite part of the basement. I designed a castle playhouse under the stairs that they LOVE. The framers did a great job interpreting my idea. Dave's favorite part will be the sauna (mine too I think). It will be nice to have some extra space and some real kid space that they can truly be the princesses they are :)

Sunday we went to my parents house for dinner - thanks mom for dinner - it was awesome! Anyway, Chlo has had a super loose tooth for about 2 weeks now. She's asked me to pull it out for her while she's asleep but I counld't gut up the nerve... I told her on Suday we'd have grandpa pull it out (my dad pulled out a few of my teeth for me, so I knew he was in practice) That threat must have given her extra courage, she pulled her tooth out right there in grandma's kitchen! It was so cute! Grandma let her pick out a few coins from her little bucket as a congratulations gift. Chlo thought that was way neat. When we got home she, of coarse, lost her tooth under her pillow somewhere. She was devistated! After looking for it for several minutes she suggested she say a prayer so they tooth fairy would know what happened. So cute! I'm so glad she knows where to turn even for little things like a lost tooth. Anyway, she was super pumped when the tooth fairy did show up and give her a few dollars. She said her prayer worked :)

Yesterday we were able to go to Nelson's for dinner. It's always fun to get together with them. We love being able to catch up and the girls LOVE their cousins! As soon as we leave they ask when the next time will be they can see them.
What a fun week! We're trying to enjoy all the time we have before the baby comes. We'll totally take advantage of the freedom :)

2 comments:

joey said...

I love your princess framing that is so cute!

Mindy Greene said...

Sherri -

You will have to keep watch around the boys when Carlee start to date!! Look at how she is posing in the 2nd picture!! What a set of CUTIES!!!