My mom was great and asked if she could take the girls and I out for an adventure day. The girls decided they wanted to go to the zoo. They were SO excited this morning and got ready quick so we could go. We met my mom and sister and joined cars. By the time we go to the zoo, it was a ZOO!!! The lines were awful! It would have taken 30 minutes to an hour just to get in the zoo! We were glad the "this is the place" monument was across the street. I was a little hesitant because I didn't know what the girls would think. They LOVED it! Chlo actually asked when she could go back and do laundry again. My mom is super well informed on the pioneer stuff so she filled the girls in on all the cool little bits of information she had. They loved the school and seeing what a real hand cart looked like, seeing Chlo pick all the dandelions was fun too, she thinks they're so beautiful. Chlo really got a kick out of the whole "outhouse" thing too, she thought it was quite curious that they'd have to go outside to use the potty like the dog. They really had a lot more fun than I ever thought they would. The best part was the weather totally cooperated and it was a beautiful day!
After the fun filled time with the "pioneers" we headed back towards home for some good old McDonalds. Yum... The girls were still up for more fun so we headed down to the theater to see Horton Hears a Who. SO CUTE!!! If any of you haven't seen it I totally recommend it. Be aware that there is this really weird graphical animation part in the middle which is quite strange, but other than that it's a total winner.
We just walked in the door and I'm totally exhausted! I'm glad it's Friday and a good night to relax. Thanks mom and Heather for the fun day! I can't wait to do it again!
After the fun filled time with the "pioneers" we headed back towards home for some good old McDonalds. Yum... The girls were still up for more fun so we headed down to the theater to see Horton Hears a Who. SO CUTE!!! If any of you haven't seen it I totally recommend it. Be aware that there is this really weird graphical animation part in the middle which is quite strange, but other than that it's a total winner.
We just walked in the door and I'm totally exhausted! I'm glad it's Friday and a good night to relax. Thanks mom and Heather for the fun day! I can't wait to do it again!



2 comments:
that sounds like so much fun! The weather WAS great. Where are the pictures of you?? :)
The zoo was a zoo! But it really wasn't as bad as it seemed. Didn't really have to wait for anything and there was plenty of room to "view" the animals. We parked on the backside so at least we weren't out on the road. Funny we saw that place across the street and Jared goes what is that we should go see, and I said maybe one day when we don't have the kids with us (they were very anxious to get to the zoo). I will have to have him view your blog so he can get a glimpse....
Post a Comment