Sunday, September 5, 2010

Chloé's special day!

Yesterday we were so lucky to be able to attend the baptism for one of my most favorite people!  Chloé was so excited!
She loved that she and her dad matched.  She said she felt like an angel in her jumpsuit - although her cousin Case said she looked like a boy in a jumpsuit with long hair.  She thought that was funny :)
It was so great to have Dave's parents with us!
Of Course mine too!
She was thrilled that she got to share the day with one of her best buddies, Cyrus. Don't they look SO cute??? :)
Chlo loved her new dress.  Thanks to everyone who helped accessories her - earrings from Carlee (she chose square rinestones because they looked like presents), necklace from Aunt Julie and Uncle Dave, head pieces from our friend Crystal, 2 bracelets (not shown) from Crystal and friend Mindy and Hunter, a CTR Ring (also not shown) from G&G Jackman.  Not to mention her most fantastic shoes from Grandma Nelson.  She loved being baptised and said the water was warm.  She didn't feel any different after coming out of the water she was just cold :)
Yes, I am a photo crazy person!  I had to have a picture of all of us with our newly baptized baby!  As a side note I am SO thankful my awesome SIL Chanel let me borrow her amazing outfit with boots!  Thanks Chanel - made me feel super cute!
Chlo us super lucky to have some of the best grandparents in the whole world!
I have no idea how this one got to be so crooked... Oops
This one is better :)
Chlo was truly the "belle of the ball" She was truly glowing and you could see it!  Everyone just loves Chlo!  She's an amazing kid.
She even had some friends come to support her!  We're so lucky to have such great friends!
Yea, probably shouldn't have taken this one but it's the only one I have with most of the group that came to support Chlo.  I think we had around 40 people!  Thanks everyone for making Chlo feel so special!
Chlo said that when she was confirmed she felt the Holy Ghost slide down her spine and he was warm.  What a fun description.  She told me she felt like an angel and was so happy! On our way I asked her why she was getting baptized - she said it was becuase Heavenly Father has given us so much she wanted to give something back to him.  Where did this kid come from?  She's amazing!!  She said as we were leaving the stake center that her cheeks hurt from smiling :)  That has to be a good thing!
We had super yummy treats thanks to both grandma's!  I did get plates, cups and napkins in her favorite colors - blue and green!  Chlo loved it!
We actually got her a cake as well so we could celebrate her birthday.  I looked EVERYWHERE for a Harry Potter cake and finallky found one.  Chlo was pumped!
Gotta have a "blowing out the candles picture!
There can't be anything better than a HUGE dose of carbs! :)
We had a great group over for food and social time!
Yea, my siblings are a little crazy.  But I sure love them! :)
Chlo had such a great time with all the family and friends who came over.  Thanks again for everyone who supported her on her special day!

3 comments:

Becca J said...

I'm so glad we were able to scooch on in there for the last part. It was so neat to see how excited and happy Chloe was. Very big and special day!

Ps - those boots are cuuuuuuuuuuttttee girlfriend ;)

(pps - the security word for this comment post is "cutields" how appropriate is that for this post!

Shannon Martin said...

Thanks for inviting us, it was neat to see Chloe make this decision. What a neat day!

Anonymous said...

It was awesome! great job Chloe