Carlee enjoying pancakes at Grandma and Grandpa Jackman's house. She LOVED the candle!
Carlee showing off her cute apron from G&G Jackman
Grandma showing Carlee some fun recipes from her new book.
Carlee and her makeup set.
Carlee getting what she calls "sparkle toes" (notice the amazing makeup job she did on herself)
The girls enjoying IHOP.
Carlee's birthday cake.
Carlee and her cute cake.
We were singing Happy Birthday to Carlee - can you tell what part of the song this picture was taken??
Yea, I'm a little bit behind - this season has been so crazy busy and I LOVE it :) Carlee has been counting down to her birthday for WEEKS!!! I think we started counting down when there were over 50 days to go. Needless to say, the morning of her birthday was quite exciting. I think Chlo was just as excited because she woke up super early to arrange Carlee's gifts for her. I love sisterly love! Anyway, we started off the day by singing to her and letting her open her presents. She was PUMPED! She wanted a "makeup set" Yes, I do realise this is quite the gamble seeing as Carlee is my child who still colors on things other than paper - including furniture, walls, clothing... We took the chance. It's been hillarious. Carlee was able to wear the makeup all day on her birthday - yep, she had quite a few looks - I'm sure they were wondering what her mother was doing to her :) After gifts, Dave took her into Orem to my parent's house on his way to work. There my parents made her homeade pancakes and played with her for a few hours. She LOVED it. I honestly don't know if there is anything she likes more than spending time with G&G :) When she got home we headed over to my most talented friend's house to get Carlee's glitter toes done. She had a blast. I felt bad though because Jaylee was ALL OVER THE PLACE! Getting into all of her things. We survived though and Carlee's toes are so cute! She chose Yellow - for the sunshine :) We headed straight to Walmart after that to choose a birthday cake and some cupcakes for her preschool class. When we left Walmart we had a "kids dream cart" going. I had cake, donuts (which is what she chose to eat for lunch) ice cream, cupcakes, more donuts... I don't know what I was thinking. We got home just in time for Jaylee to take a quick nap before we left for IHOP for dinner. Carlee again enjoyed pancakes and hot chocolate. We have a family tradition of going to IHOP on birthdays and this is the first time any of us have been sung to. Carlee thought it was silly. Hey, she got free ice cream out of it. We headed home for cake and ice cream and more singing. It turned out to be a crazy fun day with LOTS AND LOTS of sugar. Just the way my little Carlee likes it. Happy Birthday Angel - I love you! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment