Crazy Jaylee eating her oatmeal with a straw! Works better than a spoon :)
Jaylee loved the new experience. Thanks for the straw McDonalds :)
Carlee was playing with a few of our boxes and Jaylee decided she wanted to join the fun - she grabbed a box and threw in her fleece blanket, grabbed her pink milk and jumped in herself. Cute!
Yep! This is us in the ER AGAIN!!! 2 times in a month for one kid is just 2 too many :) She didn't like all the monitors on her or the big ace wrap protecting her IV - she seemed better once I told her it was pretty :)
So... as if this week couldn't get any more exciting or busy - it did!!! Monday was Candy, Tuesday was Family Christmas gift delivered and Supporting Madison on her TV spot, Wednesday a good friend from CA was visiting and coming to hang out. Yea, all of that was great until today. I don't like to do this because it's not my style or really my way of thinking - most of the time... But I'm going to vent. We've been working on getting Chlo's blood sugars for her diabetes under control for a long time now... it's been so amazingly hard! She isn't consistant with anything we've tried. Last Monday we had an appointment with her doctor and he decided to take the "bull by the horns" and figure this thing out. LOVE IT! He is so great. Needless to say this meant a phone call to him every night for a week! No big deal right? WRONG! Her blood sugars, instead of getting better got worse! I was up testing her at least every few hours if not more and she kept dropping to the point of having to be fed several times. Yes, so after not sleeping for almost a week the doctor says the solution is to admit her to the hospital for them to regulate her... Yea, I have my own opinion on that... we won't go there. Needless to say, I'm exhausted! Tonight my plan was to lighten up Chlo's insulin just for the night so I could sleep... Yea, all that changed today. It started out pretty normal besides the fact that Jaylee was acting a little bit off. She seemed fine yesterday minus the 4, yes I said 4, poopy diapers. This morning she decided not to eat or drink really anything... strange for my child. She was super ornery and wouldn't let me put her down. After a bath and some hard core coaxing to play I gave up and put her to bed. She was in her bed for about an hour when I heard her moving around and moaning - I went in to get her and there she was, in her bed having a seizure... what in the??? I ran into her room and picked her up! Grabbed the phone and immediatly called 911. Think I freaked out Chlo a bit - dang! We probably had 8 paramedics show up to help us out. By the time they got here she was out of the seizure but screaming. Her poor little body felt like she was burning up. After examination the paramedics decided it was best to take her in to test her to make sure she was okay and recomended she go in the ambulace just in case she had another seizure. What a mess! I called a few friends but no one was around. This is where the tender mercies kick in - One of the paramedics who came is a dear friend, as a matter of fact she was the one who helped with Chlo's seizure 4 years ago - it calmed me down quite a bit to see her here to help - not only that but my friend from CA pulled up just as we were looking for someone to help out with Chlo and Carlee. She knows how to take care of diabetes and is one of Chlo's best friend's mom! Couldn't have been better! We left Wendy with the kids and took off. (thank you Wendy! I owe you forever!!) On our way to the hospital I called my sweet sister to ask her to come out and help - as I was talking to her Jaylee started to have yet another seizure. I coulnd't watch - the paramedic called out to the driver to call in for help - she needed more hands to get this under control. At this point I was beyond freaked out! It was just a seizure but this wasn't looking good - we stopped and picked up help and we were off - sirens, lights and all. By the time we got to the hosptial I was a mess! Fortunatly I have the most amazing family and my parent's and Dave were there waiting. They took Jaylee in and immediatly hooked her up to several machines. They wanted a urine sample but had a hard time with the catheter - they tried 4 or 5 times until it finally went it! Poor kid! She's going to be sore! When the talked about doing and IV I told them they only had one shot at that one. :) I was so thankful that Dad, Dave and my amazing brother Brian were there to help give me and Jaylee blessings! Yep, another tender mercy! :)After several tests and a long wait she seemed to be fine. She was eating and drinking and even smiling again. All her tests came back okay but one which we'll get results for tomorrow. They sent us home! Happy Day! Speaking off, for a large part of the ride Jaylee sat in the back and just said, "happy, happy" So cute!
Tonight I feel so blessed to have such amazing family and friends to support us! This "event" makes me appreciate so much more not only my girls but the talented people around them who help us take care of them.
5 comments:
Sherri~ I am so sorry to hear. You have really been through a lot. You are an amazing person! I hope the tests come back with answers you are hoping for. If you ever need anything, let me know! I'm here for ya!
Sherri, I am so sorry to hear this is happening to you. It brings back a lot of memories of when we went through the same thing with Ethan having seizures. I can't imagine going through that on top of Chloe's diabetes. I pray that everything will be okay with both of them. Have a very Merry Christmas.
I am so sorry! I seriously got tears in my eyes! I am glad she is doing better and I hope she continues - any idea what caused it? I hope Christmas is very merry for you and your family and that nothing "exciting" happens!
I can not believe how strong you are Sherri, I am always in ahh of how stressful situation seem to roll off your shoulders and your level of compassion and love is amazing! You definatly need a vacation where you can relax and remember to breath... Love ya
Aren't we so grateful for "tender mercies"? It really helps out to know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us--he knows us and he especially knows when we need family and friends close and magically...(or not so magically.) places them where they need to be. I'm so glad that this outcome was good. I love you Sherri. You are one of the most amazing people I know. I'm grateful you are in my life.
Post a Comment