Saturday, October 3, 2009

BYU Game



Yes, this is me and Dave, not only at a BYU game and cheering for BYU but our oldest child wearing a BYU beanie - remember this - it doesn't happen often! :)

We had  a blast spending time with G&G Jackman.  Grandpa LOVED the king sized snickers bar that was in a mini cooler under his seat.  I was teasing him that he liked "see food" :)

When Chlo needed a football break she'd read out of her Junie B. Jones book.  This is the first chapter book she's ever read by herself.  She's pretty proud of herself - as are we!


Chlo LOVED the food - especially this YUMMY strawberry cupcake.

Eating at the Cougar Club tent is definitly a highlight.

Dave, Chloé and I were invited to a BYU game with G&G Jackman.  They have fantastic seats on the 23rd row back on the 50 yard line!!  As many may know we are HUGE UTAH FANS!  I have to admit though - there is something to be said about actually being at a football game - especially when you can sit so close and really see what's going on.  We LOVED it.  Chlo did a great job too.  She loved all the food choices in the Cougar clup tent and felt very grown up.  I was trying to teach her how the game was played and told her the teams had to be sneeky, like Junie B. Jones and get the football through the other team to score a point.  She actually got pretty good at knowing how many more tries they had to get a first down and loved it when BYU would score so she could help scream the "rise and shout" song.  I think the BYU cheering got to her though because half way through the last quarter she threw up! :)  She was fine after that and we finished the game.  Thank you G&G for letting us join in on the fun of the game!  Next time though, we will be wearing red:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a ton of fun! I love how none of the coke at the stadium has caffeine in it! I would throw up too if I had to endure being "blue" for an entire game J/K

Ginny Connelly said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. It's so much fun watching a good football game. Doesn't matter if they're red or blue. Hehe!!

Michelle said...

It was a great game! And it was fun to see you there! Glad Chlo had fun too and is feeling okay!

Mindy Greene said...

Red??? We will see!! ;) Tee Hee! I know you are slowly being converted to the "lords side" :0)!! I am glad that you had a lot of fun and didn't get too cold!!