To start off this post I have to thank everyone for the awesome emails, phone calls, gifts and text's. I don't think I've ever been sung happy birthday to so many times. It made my day! This week has been quite challenging and I honestly didn't know if there was any way I'd be able to have a good day. To start off last week Chloé was diagnosed with Strep throat - that was the day after we had a miserable experience at the diabetic DR who told Chlo she may have mono (my pediatritian laughed at that one). Anyway, moving on... :) Monday I was lucky enough to head to my parent's house so I could renew my Driver's license. I knew I only had a few days to do it before it expired and I didn't want to risk missing the deadline. Boy am I glad I did! Monday night was terrible! I went to bed early because I've already been super exhaused with other things. I got up about 11 to test Chlo and thought I was going to be sleeping the rest of the night (a long awaited gift...) No can do though ... a little after midnight I heard one of my most dreaded sounds - a child throwing up... Chlo was so great and tried to make it to the bathroom but most of it ended up down the side of the bathroom wall and down the toilet. Poor thing. I pulled out the lysol wipes to clean it off and she grabbed a few to come and help. What an angel - I told her to go ahead and go back to bed thinking the drama was over - yea right! Just as I thought that Carlee threw up too - all down the side of her bed and onto the floor. Yep, time to pull out the buckets. Needless to say this began the fiascal. Each girl took turns throwing up in about 10-15 minute intervals. About 2:30 I thouht I was safe - then I heard Jaylee cough - then I heard her gag - then I heard her barf! Yep, kid 3 chimed in. Chlo was doing worse and worse - poor Carlee started having the poops too... Chlo asked if Dave could give her a blessing and he did. Dave said he was starting to feel woosy and headed to the bathroom himself. I made an executive decision after talking to the on-call diabetic Dr at Primary Children's that it may be neccesary to take Chlo to the ER. Just as I was talking about it Dave came out of the bathroom clinging to the bathroom sink - he started swaying and I yelled at him to get down on the floor. He was about half way down and passed out just in time to start throwing up on the floor... HOLY COW - yes, I know you're all thinking that too... So much for taking Chlo in. I just kept praying hard as I continued to clean out barf buckets and change out Jaylee's sheets. I honestly can't believe I joined in on the fun myself. It was truly a blessing. Needless to say - Tuesday was filled with nothing but movies and otter pops. Chlo was doing TONS better and didn't end up in the hospital - thank heaven and Carlee even wanted to get dressed! All seemed to be looking up until about 3 -then it hit ME! My poor little family. I'm hoping that the worst is over and we can all be on the mend now. I honestly can't thank my most wonderful mother enough for being willing to come out and scrub my bathrooms for me! What an amazing gift to have a mother like that! Dave was great too and helped do the dishes and put the kids to bed. Thanks Dave!
Today has honestly shown me how many amazing friends and family memebers I have! Thank you for making my phone (s) ring off the hook and my facebook page loaded with fantastic messages. I LOVED the candy bar poster, clothes, TWILIGHT POSTER, tanning pass, gift certificates, flowers and balloons. And most of all I can't wait to cash in on my parent's gift - a trip to see my little sister and her baby in TX! 8 days and couting Jules!
Thanks for the wonderful birthday - now is the best part for me - SLEEP :)



10 comments:
Happy Birthday Sherri! I'm so glad you had a good day after your TERRIBLE week! I'm so sorry. I wish I would have know so I could bring you dinner or something. Hopefully you are all feeling better. Call me if you need ANYTHING.
Happy Birthday...you deserve it!
Oh gosh sorry that everyone has been so sick. :( That is terrible.
But on the bright side..HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you ladies give me a call when you're down here so we can do lunch or something...that would be so much fun. Becca can give y'all my cell #. :)
Sherri, you are an amazing woman. I can't wait for you to come visit! We are ready for you here and hope all sickness is gone before you come. If not, we will take you anyway! Love ya.
Happy Birthday Girl!! You are amazing! I am glad that you had a good day! I only wish that you weren't sick so we could have topped it all of with a chocolate brownie shake from Artic Circle!! :)
Well I am a bad friend - I totally forgot it was your birthday. Happy belated birthday! I am so sorry about your HORRIBLE week. I hope you are over the worse and can get some rest - and at least Chlo didn't end up in the hospital. Good luck with the rest of your week!
Oh my goodness. You poor girl. Mindy told me your family was sick, but I didn't know the extent of it. I hope that you are all on the mend now. Maybe next year flu shots will be well worth it. I hope you had a great birthday and now that you are hopefully feeling better Dave can take you out to dinner to an expensive restaurant.
I'm so sorry your whole family was sick. I hope everyone is feeling better now! I'm also very sorry I forgot about your b-day. I even had a written down but spaced it. Sorry!
Well that takes the cake for the beginning of the worst week, I hope you had a great birthday and are feeling better!
We all know how amazing you are, but, that is a hard week- throw up is one of the yucky things we mommies have to take care of- I bet you are much sweeter about it than I am! I hope that you had a great day- this world is a better place because you were born! Thanks for making a difference! I love ya!
Post a Comment