Today was AWESOME!!! As you may or may not know, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the rain! (this is not because of the Twilight series - just so you know, I think I've loved the rain from birth - I think it's because it reminds me of my dad:) ) I think I'd be a happy camper living in a place like Seattle, WA. For some odd reason I get in the BEST mood when it's raining outside.
Anyway, since it was raining today we decided to make sugar cookies and watch a movie. I was going to make the cookies for a YW activity anyway so the girls decided to join in. We had a BLAST! The toppings got pretty out of hand after a while, but it was so fun! My girls also got to watch the movie "Annie" for the first time. We watched the re-make which I like a lot better than the origional. Can I tell you how amazing my girls are?!?! Carlee kept calling me in the room to tell me how awesome songs were and Chlo was so worried about the Orphans. She didn't know what one was before today. I told her an orphan was someone who didn't have parents. She teared up and said how lucky she was to have hers. CUTE! She is such a sensitive person too because as the movie was getting towards the end she was full out crying because she thought Annie was going to end up with the "bad people". She was thrilled to see that she got to stay with "Daddy Warbucks" and all the other orphans were going to be adopted. I'm so glad we had some time to hang out and play together. I sure love my girls!



1 comment:
Can I just say that you inspire me to be a better mom? If it were me making cookies I would have been worried about all the toppings / sugar going all over the kitchen floor and having to vacuum AGAIN, etc. Sometimes I hate having the "neat nick" disease! (or clean freak sickness - whatever you choose to call it!)
Thanks for reminding me that some things are more important than a clean house.
Post a Comment