Saturday, September 13, 2008

A night to remember


Family Photo after Halftime
Heather and uh, me :)

Carlee with Queen Rachel - Wearing the actual crown!

The girls with "The Queen"

Crazy Sheri Looking very Royal!

We girls with Princess Heather

Big B Driving the Crazy sweet car!

Heather and Dad out on the 50 yard line

Heather being driven onto the field by Big B

Carlee Cheering for the T-Wolves

Nate, Becca and the girls trying to stay warm!

Last night was SO SO fun! It was a lot of firsts for my little family. My sister, Heather, was nominated for homecoming royalty!!! Yes, I think my sisters got progressively more beautiful as we came :) Heather is such an amazing person too - she's so nice to everyone and just loves to hang out and be herself. I love being with her because her happiness and quirky personality make her a dream! I know her personality is contagious which is why she was nominated I’m sure. Way to go Hez! Anyway, I decided to brave taking the two older girls to the football game to watch Heather be presented as Royalty. We had a BLAST! It was hilarious, the girls kept cheering – GO KORVER! – I did tell them it was the wrong game and wrong team but they continued to chant until I told them we were cheering for the T-wolves. Then they cheered right. J They ate popcorn and licorice thanks to G&G Jackman and snuggled with Nate and Becca too. Brian was able to drive the fancy car that held Heather and her “partner in royalty”. I think Heather was pleasantly surprised to see that Brian was her driver. I guess Brian has a connection with the dealership that allowed him to do it. Nice! Heather’s best friend Rachel won Homecoming queen!!! We were all SO SO excited for her. She is a lot like Heather (they’ve been friends since birth) so it’s no surprise they were in the royalty together. My girls said next time they see Rachel they’re going to call her “Your Highness”. They even got their picture taken with her and Carlee got to wear the crown!!! My mom’s cute neighbor, Sheri has always wanted to be royalty so Rachel let her wear the “gear”. Sheri is such a spaz! She did look like a queen though. J My girls loved watching this whole thing go down too. Dad, you looked amazing too at Heather’s side! Heather, he’s a great accessory to take with you! The girls did great at the football game and enjoyed watching the boys throw and catch the ball – especially since that’s what dad does with them. I think Dave will be impressed when we watch some college football today how much the girls have learned. (Dave stayed home with Jaylee so we could enjoy the game – and to keep track of hurricane Ike in TX since my other sister is there right now and 9 months pregnant!!! Yikes! As a side note – she’s okay but has no power!) Chlo asked if she can go to a Jazz game now – I think she proved herself ready. It was also a treat to see my baby sister have such a great night!!! She really deserved such a special night. I love you Hez! Thanks for being an awesome little sister I can look up to!

2 comments:

Becca J said...

What a great post! It's so apparent how much you love your family :). It was so fun to hang out with you and the girls for the special occasion, so many reasons to be excited that night!

Ginny Connelly said...

Ok, you guys must not all be Ute fans. I see a little BYU blue in that picture. :) How lucky for you that your girls have such a great role model for an aunt.