Thursday, March 3, 2011

California Adventure

Thursday morning we decided to start in CA Adventure.  The girls were excited to see what we'd find.  The rest of the family wanted to start on a river ride where you get soaked - we decided to split off right away :)  We headed off with Chanel and Jack to the Bug world instead.  It was a little more our speed :)
 Jaylee loved this little ride the first time we rode it - the second time she freaked out because she got a drop of water on her from the watermellon we went through.  Whimp! :)
 Chlo and Carlee loved these rides.  They were cracking me up!  Jaylee actuall even cried watching the girls on this ride...
 I love going to disneyland with these two!  They're such amazing sports and have fun doing pretty much anything.
 They were excited to meet their second Mickey Mouse.
 Jaylee wanted to share her popcorn with him.  Too bad he can't really eat it.  Thanks for the popcorn Shannon!  HUGE hit!  Shannon ordered 8 pounds of popcorn for us.  It was a lot more than she though it would be.  The kids loved it though!
 We tried another 4-D movie - the Bug's life one... yea, didn't go over very well.  Poor Jay freaked out in the first 30 seconds. Dave was nice enough to take her out this time :)
 We did go on that ferris wheel and Dave almost peed his pants.  It was hillarious!  It was fun to spend time with Dan, Chanel and Jack.

 Dave wanted a picture of the California Adventure map - I told him I'd take it if he'd be in the picture.  I'm not a huge fan of pictures without people.  I think of it as a waste :)  He must have really wanted the picture because he let me take it with him in it :)
 Chlo and Carlee were suckered into going on the roller coaster "Screamin' California".  Carlee had never been on a roller coaster before and Chlo hadn't ever been on a big one.  This was quite the adventure!  Carlee wanted to go with me and Chlo wanted to be with Chanel.  You can't even really see Chlo in the picture - but she's there - right next to Chanel.  Both of them survived but swore they'd never do another ride again. :)
 Dave was so nice to stay back with Jack and Jaylee.  He is NOT a fan of any kind of roller coaster.
 Once again Jaylee loved the carousel.  This was King Triton's Carousel - much cooler things to ride. :)
 Jack was loving the ride too.  He was so chill this whole trip - it was quite amazing.
Dan and Chanel were great sports and waited in line with us to meet woody and the green army man. 
It was well worth the wait - they were hillarious! Dave's decided he wants to be a Green Army man for Halloween. I think he could pull it off :)
 Jaylee was THRILLED  to meet Jessie!  She loves Toy Story but Jessie is her very favorite!
 Yea, we waited in line twice... we're dorks.  It was worth it to see Jaylee's face though.
 This is the perfect true form of these two brothers.  I was laughing so hard!  I wish the glare was gone - the picture is hillarious!
 This is more wanna be poses - still fun though :)
 The girls had to take their turn in the box too.
 Jaylee LOVED the cheetos!  She'd eat them and have orange ALL over her!  It took several wipies to get the goop off of her.  She was happy though.
 The one thing the girls knew they wanted was some cotton candy.  I think this was the only treat we got for them.  They enjoyed every bite!
 The girls actually sucked it up and went on another ride with us.  We went on the newer Toy Story Ride.  Chlo was excited because she got to ride with cousin Case.  She loved it!
 I was able to catch a few more family memebers as they left on their adventure.
 You can tell they were really movin'!
 California Adventure was great!  Needless to say, it really wore Jaylee out.  Most of the afternoon we spent shopping for the girls.  Carlee chose a Bullseye doll from Toy Story, a necklace, and a princess doll that changes from Sleeping Beauty to Little Mermaid. Jaylee chose a bullseye as well as a woody and buzz - to complete her collection :)  Chlo took a little longer to choose - she finally decided that starting a pin collection was the way to go.  She chose a few pins and was thrilled!  She was also able to get a Tinkerbell playset, which she loves!  I was able to find me an outfit to wear for my birthday - seeing as they didn't sell adult princess costumes as I had hoped, I settled for a Minnie Mouse Tutu with a t-shirt and ears.  I even got a Minnie Mouse ring to top it off :)  When we got back to the Hotel we decided that McDonalds was the dinner of choice.  It was actually really good! :)  We all craashed and slept like champs.

1 comment:

Becca J said...

These pictures are really fun to look at. Looks like your family couldn't have had more fun!