Saturday, August 21, 2010

Jackman Family Reunion 2010

This family picture was quite the experience.  We didn't have anyone to take the picture, so dad set up a timer!  Check it out!  Everyone is looking and most are even smiling!  YAHOO!
Another pose.  Same situation though :)
Our cute little family
Me and my most amazing sisters!
Who would have thought adding 2 new sisters would make things even better!!
Da brothers. Aren't they SO handsome??
Look at the Jackman Men...
My little angels!
Another family photo.  This was the girl's idea.  Chlo wanted us to kiss and me to kick my leg up.  Thank you Princess Diaries :)
Dave, Julie and Bailey - and baby #2 coming in October!
Heather is super amazing!
Heather and all the neices.
Brian showing off one of his best assets :)
Brian and the neices.
This is one of my favorites of Nate and Becca.  They're such a cute couple!  We were able to celebrate with Becca this weekend since she finished her last final and officially has her degree!  Way to go Becca!
Mom and dad with the neices.  My mom calls these girls her "favorite blessings"
Justin and Amber are the newest marriage in our family.  I love how affectionate they are with each other!
Chlo is such a beauty!  This picture actually captured a real smile!  Yahoo!
The day we got to Deer Valley was Dad's birthday.  The girls did the cutest project for him.  They painted on canvas one of the things they liked to do with Grandpa then wrote words or phrases that reminded them of him.  Chlo painted her playing card games with her toes with him, Carlee painted boating and I added me watching thunderstorms with him.  Jaylee did a cute little abstract piece that I'm sure was to represent snuggles.  Some of the words the girls came up with were, Magic toes, very handsome, hero, silly and more!  Happy Birthday dad!  We love you! xoxo
On Saturday night the WHOLE family was together for a birthday dinner.  It's the first time we've been together in almost 2 years!
Brian was fantastic to take the seat by the girls.  He taught them how to toast and they did a toast to several people.  So cute!
Of coarse we had to have a birthday cake for dad.  His favorite is Carrot.  It was SO SO yummy!
We sang happy birthday to him and he sang right along - he just sang it "Happy Birthday to Me" and pointed to himself.  The girls LOVED it!
We played SO many games!  It was great to learn a bunch of new games.  We'd honestly play for hours!
Saturday morning we went boating.  Not everyone was there yet but we still had SO much fun!
Jaylee was SO fussy!  I knew she was tired.  All it took was to snuggle her just the right way and she was out!  Needless to say she was super happy after her power nap.
Of coarse she had to have a bit of nap with Big B... Sort of a tradition.
There were a few brave ones who got in the water.  Go Chlo!  I love this picture.  Uncle Dave made sure to hold Chlo's hand on the way in! He's such a great uncle!
Both Dave's thought they'd get a little crazy.
Even high fived for their efforts :)
Bailey LOVED the boat.  She was way excited to get in the water until she actually did.
I've honestly never seen a kid more excited about a boat ride.
Dave and Chlo had fun in the water together.  I was super impressed either one of them got in at all!
Carlee decided she wanted in on the fun and put her feet in the water.
Jaylee wanted a shot at driving the boat - I love how her tongue is out in concentration.
Dad was getting into the music for the girls.  Dancing like crazy! :)
Heather was cracking me up!  Jaylee does this thing we call "big mouth".  Heather was trying to get Jaylee to do it by showing her how it was done.  Jaylee thought it was hillarious.
Sunday morning Grandma was up with both babies reading them stories.  She's the most amazing grandmother my kids could ask for!
Yep, more games!  Food too!  Can't get much better than that.
Brian was helping Carlee write lots of different words.  He'd tell her how to spell them and she'd write them for him.  She's super excited for Kindergarten!
Jaylee LOVES shoes.  She'd put on any shoes she could find.  She found grandpa's flip flops in this picture.  Doesn't she look so cute??
It was nice to sit and veg too.  Chlo go SO into the "Cake Boss" show.  Honestly I don't know how many she watched.  She's decided she wants to decorate cakes when she grows up now.
Grandma is so awesome about reading books to my kids.  Jaylee has a new favorite, it's called Stripes.  She'd carry her fleece and book to grandma requesting a story.  It was super precious!
Our second boating day was just as fun.  This time more of us got in the water to play!
Nate was showing off his skill.
As well as his sexy poses :)
Justin could get just as crazy!  These boys can wakeboard!
If you look close in this picture you can see that he's just about to catch a grape!
Brian was the first of us to brave the water.  He was pumped!
I have no idea how the boys do what they do!
This was SO funny!  Justin came and told me he was going to push Heather in so I needed to get my camera ready.  Got it!  Needless to say she wasn't very happy :)
This is girl power!  Heather even caught some air!
What in the??? Becca was boarding with one hand!  I've gained a whole new appreciation for this sport!
Dave tried wakeboarding for the first time!
He got up!
I tried it for the first time too and after several tries...
I got up too! Honestly I didn't know what to do once I got up, I didn't think I'd get that far so I didn't ask. :)  Probably should have.
It was so fun having Justin and Amber with us on the second boating trip!
Jaylee was having fun feeding the birds.
The birds would actually land and eat the crackers.  The girls loved watching them.
Jaylee was actually smily on this boating trip. It's amazing what a good night's sleep and a nap can do for a kid!
Dave and I think Justin looks a little like our buddy Michale Weston from the TV show Burn Notice.
Boating must have really done something to Nate. He ended up flagging the whole room! It was the kind you could taste! :)  That night I was up until after midnight and several stayed up until almost 3.  We were laughing SO hard!  The boys were quoting movie lines and saying "54321" really fast until someone identified which movie it belonged to.  I guess this is a Nate thing. :)  They were also finding Saturday Night Live clips to watch as well as watching some olympic speed walkers.  At midnight it's pretty hillarious to watch!
After a most fantastic FHE where each of us took a turn to tell our favorite Book of Mormon story we had amazing dessert and watched The Last Starfighter.  It brought back so many memories of when I was a kid!
Jaylee enjoyed the treat a LOT!
Carlee got to get her nails done.  She'd been begging to have them done for days!
Chlo took a 10 minute break from the "Cake Boss" marithon to have Amber give her a quick trim.
The girls thought it was so cool that Aunt Amber could cut their hair.
Carlee enjoyed watching the cop try to catch people speeding.  The cop was there every morning...
The house was great!  The rooms were fun.  There was even a steam room several of us enjoyed.  Dave's decided he doesn't want a sauna anymore, he wants a steam room.  I'm fine with that! :)  The week was fantastic!  Everything from games, food, shopping, walks, crazy hikes, boating, laughing, farting, mini golfing, playing, watching movies and more!  Thanks mom and dad for the fantastic experience!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally so jealous of your family! how much fun all crammed into one weekend!

Ginny Connelly said...

Wow!! What a fun weekend. Families are great aren't they? I love the great pictures too. What a great way to capture fun times.

Michelle said...

What a great trip! Glad you all got to be together!

Jennifer said...

I like the picture where it looks like Uncle Dave & Chloe are walking on the water. ...Very fun, all of it!