Yesterday was such an amazing day I just don't know where to start! My girls and I got to spend a huge chunk of the day at Jackman's house with the girls. Julie flew in from TX and so we had the privilege of seeing her. What an angel she is! Mom was great too, she took the girls for me so Julie and I could finish up some shopping. Julie and I had more fun than I've had in a LONG time! It was so great to just shop together and not worry about kids. Right after the shopping, I grabbed my girls and headed over to the Brough party. Oh my goodness! It was So great! I love being able to catch up with all Dave's family. His family is such an amazing group! I always feel so loved and welcomed every time we get together! They are truly celestial people. The party was hosted by Shannon and Jared this year in their new house. Holy cow, it's beautiful!!! They were so nice to let a big group of rowdies into their new home! We also had a very welcomed visitor! Santa came! Dan, Dave's brother, came dressed up as Santa. He did a wonderful job! Just as a side note, both of my girls are beyond terrified of him. When he came in both of them jumped back. The funny thing was Chlo caught on to who it was after he said his first sentence. She looks at me and says, "mom, I won't be scared of that Santa, it's Dan!". What a nut! Carlee still had some serious issues! I even told her it was Uncle Dan and she just couldn't hack it... You'll see in the pictures how excited she was to see him. (By the way, thanks Shan for the great pictures!) Carlee was great to say thank you for her gift and oddley enough she asked where Santa had gone after he'd left... huh, go figure. The annual white elephant exchange was funny this year as well. There were silly Christmas decorations, costumes, salvation army robes, post-it notes, beef sticks and even a remote control powered farting machine (yes, Dave got that one...) It's so great to laugh at all the reactions of those opening gifts. I think the night was a complete success and I was overjoyed when I heard that the Summer Brough party was going to be at our house this next year. YAHOO!!! Bring on the fun!
2 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment