Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas day

 Merry Christmas everyone!  This year was totally amazing!  We had so many fun gifts.  I was most excited about this one - the Santa gift.  Every year we have the tradition of Santa's gift being something the three girls can do together.  This year it was a new kitchen with tons of accessories.  They love it!  I'd like to put out an extra thank you to my special elves who put this together for us!  Thanks guys!
 
 We arrange the girls stockings in different sections of the couch so they know where their stuff is.

First reactions are my favorite!  They were thrilled!

All three girls got an American Girl doll, or one like it, from mom and dad.  It's fun to watch them play together.

 One of Dave's gifts was a razor scooter his size.  He loves it - he'd be on the couch and decide he needed some food - he'd get on his scooter and scoot from the family room to the kitchen.  Talk about a kid at Christmas.  I'm thrilled he's excited.

 The girls got him a Batman playset and LOTS of accessories and guys.  I think Jaylee has taken this toy over - she loves the "Bad guys".  Dave was really getting into playing this - sound effects and all!

 Mom and dad came over later for a gift exchange and dad sat in our new chair from them - yes, one of my favorite gifts :)  All the girls pretended to be sleeping for the photo then smiled.  They love their grandpa very much.
Justin, Amber and Heather also came over but I was too overwhelmed with all the garbage and gifts to think to take any pictures - DUH!  We gave mom and dad a book we created with all the pictures from our family reunion this year.  It turned out so good!  All of us sat on the floor and looked through the whole book.  What a treat!
Julie gave me the CUTEST purse for Christmas!  I was so excited!  Thanks Julie, I'm totally having you pick out my purses from now on!

Christmas night we got to eat with the whole Nelson family.  It was so yummy!  The grandkids had a great time sharing what they got from Santa.

Christmas Day was so much fun!  We filled almost a half dumpster with all the garbage from Christmas and the basement - a project Dave decided to tackle!  Can't say this Christmas break wasn't productive. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So fun! I challenge Dave to ride that new scooter as much as I ride mine. :-)