I love my parent's house - so many great places for pictures :)
The girls sporting their new patriotic shirts. They looked great!
Our little group of observers enjoying the fireworks. What an amazing night!
Jaylee took Chlo's ice cream cone and decided to devour it - the remains are in the grass around her. I think she felt bad... :) NOT!
Jaylee was messing with Dave's face - having a glorious time :)
Chlo did a great job lighting her fireworks. She looked so tiny out there though.
I think the girls had more fun lighting fireworks than watching them.
Brian helped the girls pick out fireworks to light.
While we were doing fireworks the jets from the stadium of fire flew by. I was just a few seconds late catching a picture of them. Bummer! It was beautiful to see. This is Brian looking over my parent's view. Quite spectacular!
Brian was so great to help Carlee light fireworks. As you can see here Carlee would jump up and run as soon as the firework lit. What a great uncle - and a brave one :)
My girls LOVE their aunts and Uncles - it's so great to spend time with them.
Justin wanted to try this new thing with my camera where Heather and I were supposed to keep moving every part of our face and he'd randomly snap a picture - this is what he came up with...
Justin and Heather were playing some game that Nate made up - I can't remember what it's called. It was hillarious to watch though.
G&G Glauser were there to celebrate with us. Jaylee was having issues being with people other than me or Dave... Fantastic... I was glad I got a picture of all of them anyway. I feel SO lucky to have both sets of grandparents still around!
The girls LOVE to play dress ups at grandma's house - especially now that they have their own playhouse to take care of - They do a great job keeping it clean :)
The girls LOVED watching the root beer. They said it looked like a witches potion. I think they're right. :)
Dave was so great! He actually made homeade rootbeer for us. Dad was helping stir the dry ice up from the bottom. It was a HUGE hit! Thanks Dave.
A close up of Jaylee's treasure! :)
This is another one of those random pictures - Jaylee likes to collect stuffing... No idea where she keeps finding it... we call it her treasure. You can see her treasure in her left hand if you look close. She doesn't eat it - she just carries it around with her. So funny!
We had SO much fun yesterday! After having an eventful morning of the lawn mower breaking down and doing a monster pile of laundry - we were able to go to my parent's house for an AMAZING night of fun, food and family :) We ate tons of great food thanks to my most wonderful mother, then we played games and did a few fireworks for the girls. My grandparents even came - what a treat! We missed Dave, Julie, Bailey and Nate and Becca who are all in Houston right now... but even with the loss we were able to find a way to have a good time. We had a hillarious conversation with Brian, Heather and Justin and just laughed - it's amazing what they find to be funny. The girls loved playing dress ups in the back and playing in the water in the little waterfall in the back yard. What can I say, my family knows how to have a good time.



6 comments:
What an amazing way to spend the holiday. Family, food and fun. What a great day. Great pictures.
haha The stuffing thing is hilarious. That's a great thing to document.
Love the pics of the girls in their tutus..soo girly!!
Fun! Thanks for posting. It brings back a lot of fun memories from our childhood.
I love your 4th of July pictures!
alot of fun is to be found witht the nelsons around! Brian is still a super QT! I absolutly adore the new title bar
Very fun photos. ...Maybe there's a very skinny "unstuffed" animal out there somewhere who has made lots of donations to Jaylee's treasure trove.
Post a Comment