Friday, February 4, 2011

Amazing friends

My BFF Mindy was just put in as the YW secretary in her ward.  She does such an amazing job and LOVES the girls she gets to work with.  This past week was their ward's New Beginnings.  Mindy was in charge of the decorations for the room.  As usual she went WAY over the top :)  The theme was finding their "happily ever after".  The WHOLE cultural hall was decorated in various "princess themes".  The picture above is of the dwarfs cottage in Snow White.  Even the wishing well is there.
 These are the center pieces they used.  There were "Crowns" in all the value colors on the tables.  They were AMAZING.  These were done by a lady in a different ward, Mindy just borrowed them.  I just had to add the picture because they're spectacular!  From what I understand each cone took around 3 hours to make!  Yikes! :)


 I had to do a few pictures of the next one.  This is Dorthy's house from wizzard of ozz.  Notice the socks and ruby slippers under the house.  Cute huh?  The munchkin houses are drawn behind and you can see the start of the Yellow Brick road on the floor.  This is where the skit started.
 The second stop was Sleeping Beauty's castle.  I think this one is my favorite :)
 For the skit "Dorthy" and the new girls coming into Beehives this year followed the yellow brick road.  Her opening line was "I don't think we're in primary anymore Toto."  It was adorable!  They met "munchkins" who told her that to get to the temple she had to follow the yellow brick road and the things she found in the strength of youth pamphlet.  Each girl was given a red ruby bag from Glinda (who was adorable!)  Their next stop was the scarecrow (I didn't catch a picture of that one since I was filming the whole thing :) )  A bishopric member played the scarecrow and the girls helped him find he did have a brain and could make his own choices.  The wicked witch was trying to tempt him to do something he shouldn't :)  At the Sleeping Beauty Castle the 3 good fairies represented the Beehive, Miamaid and Laurel classes.  Next they met the tin man.  They showed him that he did have heart and to find more "love" he could serve others.  Then they got to Snow White and met the 7 values and their cousin... :)  Each dwarf talked about her name and what it meant. (this was my favorite one!  It was so sweet!)  Then they met the lion, played by the bishop.  The wicked witch tried to tempt him to drink but he showed courage to say no and threw the drink on the witch, which in turn melted her :)  Finally they got to Cinderella.  I would have killed to have a still shot of her.  Cinderella was played by Mindy.  Cinderella cried and said she had done all she needed to do to get to the temple but didn't have a dress to wear.  Dorthy and her "friends" called Glinda to help.  They excused Cinderella to change.  Mindy came back into the room with her wedding dress on.  I was super impressed it still fit and she looked BEAUTIFUL!  She was able to dance with her "prince charming" (her hubby) and made it to the temple.  There were hours and hours put into this production and it turned out great!  I was honered to be part of such a great thing :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy. Cow. Wow. It really was amazing!

Monika said...

Wow! That is amazing! Keep these posts coming! I'm the Laurel Advisor and need some new ideas! :)

Anonymous said...

wow she was completely in her element! Thats so cool Great Job Mindi

Ginny Connelly said...

Isn't my sister just the greatest?? I think this night will have been one that the girls will never forget. So glad to see you updated your blog. You have the best family EVER!! Love ya!!