Monday, March 1, 2010

Here's to the bravest kid I know!

Well, today we took a leap of faith and Chlo is officially on the diabetic pump!  After an hour and a half training video - three on-line training classes and a three hour personal training tonight Chlo is officially wearing the pump.  Cross all fingers and toes for me that I can figure this thing out quickly!  There is SO much information to know!  I just hope I don't mess anything up.  Chlo was SO brave tonight and even let us put in her first pump site in her tummy!  Yea Chlo!  She's excited and of coarse, happy that her pump is green.  She is worried that kids at school will make fun of her - they better not or I'll personally come and beat them :)  Thanks for being such an amazing example of bravery Chlo!  Love you forever!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Good luck! I can't even imagine all you have to do. If any kids make fun of her, I will come and help you beat them up!

Shannon Martin said...

Chloe is very brave! I am sure that this is trying on her and you. I hope that this helps regulate things more. I personally think it is very cute!

My name is Gabrielle said...

if you get any problems with stupid kids messing with her i will gladly help you give them a swirly! :) good job Chlo! my friend has one too and it makes things so much easier for her! i think you are very brave!

Anonymous said...

Chloe you are amazing like your mother I know you can do this! Best of luck.

Becca J said...

big step! I'm really happy for this advancement. I hope it makes yours and her life a little easier.

Monika said...

WOW! Good luck and what a brave girl! I wish Chip would get on a pump -- you will have to let us know how it goes!

Ginny Connelly said...

What a brave little girl. I hope that this helps to get her sugars leveled off. I'll keep her in my prayers.