Thursday, August 20, 2009

First day of 1st grade

Chlo getting off the bus at school where they lined up in classes in the back of the school so they could be taken to class.
Chlo and Reagan getting ready to walk down to the bus stop.
Chlo, well... being herself :)
Chlo showing off her fashion diva style! :)

Today was a big day in my little family! We sent our first child to 1st grade! How exciting! :) Chlo has been so excited to start going to school like her best friends, Madison and Reagan. Today her dreams came true - she even got to walk to the bus stop with Reagan - you would have thought it was Christmas for her. She picked out her own outfit which she says is quite "Chanelish" (her aunt Chanel has a fantasic fashion sense). She ate a great breakfast and was ready to go. Actually she came into my room and woke me up about 40 minutes before she even needed to wake up. Probably not a bad thing.
I thought I'd be super nervous but the school has provided an AMAZING diabetic assistant to check Chloé's blood sugars and give her insulin - not to mention her adorable teacher is a diabetic herself!
The new challenge will be what I'm going to do with the other two rugrats since Chlo isn't here to play with them :) Good luck Chlo, we love you!
** Update - when Chlo came home from school she said she had a wonderful time! Her favorite parts were the corndogs for lunch, which she said were the best she's ever eaten - that's saying something coming from a girl who eats them a few times a week! She also liked it when her teacher told the class about her diabetes and showed them her needles and supplies. Chlo LOVED the attention. Carlee, Jaylee and I had a great day as well - dancing, crafting, making food, cleaning... It's going to be a fun year! :)

4 comments:

Mindy Greene said...

Yea Chloe!! I am so excited for you and well for your mom too!! What an exciting day. Cant wait for Hunter to be able to start.

Debra Goodey said...

That's great that her teacher is understanding and let the kids make her feel special instead of making it a negative. Who is her teacher?

Bergstresser Bunch said...

Too much fun and I love her hair!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she's in 1st grade! How can that be? But it is so fun--for her and for YOU.